chapter one

hope you guys like it, and thank you to Elfxci for helping me write this :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael impatiently tapped his foot against the cold classroom tile, waiting for the goddamned class to end. Even if the class only started a good two minutes ago.

"Alright class, please give a warm welcome to our new student, Luke Hemmings." the teacher (Michael never bothered to remember her name) said happily. 

Michael scoffed. The school didn't have a shit about new kids.

The tall, lanky blonde stumbled over to a seat near the back of the class. Smart, Michael thought. He must have realized nobody is gonna be nice to him here.

After an hour (of Michael trying not to kill the students who kept tapping their pens against the tables), the bell finally rang. Michael quickly exited the stuffy classroom, getting away from everyone. He didn't really have friends to go hang out with, because he didn't like anyone. Ever.

People were annoying.

He was pretty sure he was supposed to go to History class after this, but he needed to get away. Instead, Michael sat by a tree, closing his eyes and admiring the silence.

Someone sat next to him. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to sit next to the Michael Clifford? 

Michael opened his eyes, and glared at who the dumbass was. Oh, Michael realized, it's the new kid. Luke smiled awkwardly, him silently asking for permission to sit. Michael sighed, and nodded.

Then he realized.

He hadn't looked at Luke long enough before, but Luke's number was glowing faintly above his head. And it was at zero. 

Michael closed his eyes again, thinking. What was gonna kill Luke? Some freak accident? Nothing seems wrong with him.

Michael quickly glanced at Luke, who seemed to be glaring at his own arms. Luke was wearing too many bracelets, it looked like.

Oh.

Michael immediately felt bad. As much as he hated people, he sure didn't want people to kill themselves. He already knew Luke didn't deserve to feel so sad; he looked so broken.

So, Michael did something he usually wouldn't do. He gave Luke the biggest hug he could manage.

Luke began to sob, melting into Michael's warm body. Fuck. 

"Wanna get out of here for a while?" Michael asked, his voice raspy from not speaking much.

Luke nodded, and Michael saw a smile forming as he grabbed Luke's hand.

------------------------------

first chapter, i'll edit this later. hope you guys didn't hate it, i'm not really used to writing this type of stuff :-)