Preferences - Making up pt 1

STEVE: You had now been at your parent's place for about a week now, after your nasty fight with Steve. You didn't regret what you said. He was being an asshole for always talking about Peggy. You knew that he still loved her, it was obvious. But you had hoped that he would stop at some point because he loved you more.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna go out to the city for a bit, I'll be back in a few hours." You say as you grab your keys and head out the door. You hear an okay from your mom and continue to walk to your car.

You drive for an hour from the suburbs into the heart of New York city and park your car. You decided to do some shopping and walk around your favorite place, Central Park. After eating lunch, you put your bags in your car and head down to the park. You walk along the side walk down to your favorite tree that you always hung out at. Sure, it reminded you of how Steve and you used to climb it and just talk for hours, but at this point, you just wanted to be in a familiar spot. You sit down at the base of the trunk and just stare off into space, just thinking about anything and everything.

"Y/n?" You hear a voice say as you break away from you own world and look up to meet a pair of blue eyes.

"Steve?" You say, confused as to why he was here.

"I'm so glad to see you." He says, rushing over to give you a hug. He wraps his arms around you, but you don't hug back.

"Oh sorry." He says as he pulls away.

"No it's okay. What are you doing here?" you ask quietly.

"I come here everyday around the same time and just sit here. You know, because it's your favorite spot. And it reminds me of you and how we used to just sit around here and talk. Y/n, I really miss you and I am so sorry for what I did. I know I talk about Peggy a lot, and I really don't mean to hurt your feelings. So I will try to stop mentioning her so often because I love you and not her." He said, his eyes filled with sadness.

"I love you too." You say, realizing now that this was the first time you two had ever said that. You get up and pull him into a hug and kiss him. He picks you up from the waits and twirls you around as you two stand under your favorite tree in Central Park. You giggle as he sets you down with his forehead resting on yours.

"I love you."

"I love you too" You say.

TONY: You had been away for two months now since the fallout of you and Tony. You found a secluded beach house along the coast of Miami, Florida. The day you and Tony broke up, you started driving down this one highway that you came across, and you didn't stop driving. You drove for a full day until you reached Miami. Since Miami was such a big city, there really was no isolated place that you could get away from everyone. So you drove down the coast and found a small town right next to Miami. you rented a beach home and have been living there for two months. You didn't have a job because at this point you were just using savings.

You had gone into sort of a depression since the incident with Tony. You always stayed inside your beach house, you had no friends because you were in a new town, you had no job, and most importantly, you didn't have Tony. He was the most important person in your life and what he didn't just crushed you. There was no way for you to get out of the hole you dug.

---

Today was now the mark of 3 months that you had been away from New York. You got a new phone number after you moved because all of your friends and Tony were just constantly bombing you with texts and calls. You appreciated the concern, but you didn't want it. You got a new phone and number and threw your old phone away.

You walked out to the beach that was directly in front of your home and you sat down on the white sand. You just curled your knees up to your chin and sat and watched the ocean and the waves. You loved it here, but you loved New York more.