Purpose

What if one morning you woke up and feels like you have a divine purpose to go out and do this specific thing. Well let me begin by telling you, that is how my story unfolded. As I begin to reflect on my past and the famines I went through growing up I can truly say they have shaped my life. It feels as if I woke up and decided that I wanted to become a professional basketball player, and that's when I was told that if I just work I could conquer my dream.

I started working very hard to master every aspect of my dream, I would go nights with hardly sleeping. Staying up lifting iron weights that were rusted, going outside 3am to run miles, doing push-ups late at night during my Irmo days gave me a different fire I believe many don't Have. Surely I could see myself getting better, but it was as if I could only see it and no one else. People would doubt me all the time.

See I grew up in a big family of 8 and I'm the youngest , 5 brothers and 2 sisters and everybody played basketball. Not only did everybody play basketball, everybody could ball, watching them play and grow as adults helped me grow as one. I would be disrespected over and over again called so many different names and I would be upset, it would hurt, I felt like people hated me, I wanted to fit in, I felt like my family hated me.

I would do bad things growing up,I use to fight, and I also had anger problems around that time I couldn't control. So me thinking my family hated me was something I excepted, now that I look back.

As I grew up my mother became an big idol, seeing her read the Bible, and her teaching me things about God made me interested in learning about God. My dad is the one who taught me discipline learning how to handle my own and never be pushed under the bus, he always taught me to be courageous.

BASKETBALL BEING MY WAY OUT!
I dedicated my life to basketball because of those who doubted me I told myself that I'm going to make a change.Getting a basketball going outside and working on my handles, going to the gym, endlessly working so hard that I would almost pass out. I have a 20% curve in my spine called scoliosis so when I would run it would hurt bad but I wouldn't stop because I wouldn't want to quit on myself that's just 2% on how bad I want it.

I can go hours in the gym working hard killing myself to be great, I will prove my doubters wrong. That's when God became bigger in my life, God told me if you want to be great at this sport you must bring me with you. That's when I begin reading the Bible and working and God started changing my life in mysterious ways putting me in places to be great and situations to prosper.

As you read my book coming out years from now you will see that God has been watching over me my whole life. You will feel my pain with all the famines, I am going to break down how I felt, what was going on, and what I felt others felt about me. God made me see that I am not chasing the dream I am living it

Dedicate your life to God.