Chp. 1

***Zairen***

"Honey get up or you're going to be late for school," my mother banged on my door then leaving once satisfied I heard her.

Groaning I stretched my body out, accidentally slipping off the edge of my bed letting myself hit the floor. "Ouch," this is the start of a great day.

Deciding to shower the pain away, I went to the bathroom to get ready.

My last year of highschool. I never thought I would see the day. The years have been so short, yet so long and annoying. Essay's, fight's, teacher's, other student's, the principal, you get where I'm going here.

After drying off I settled with my grey sweater with the number '14' on it, and a pair of black jeans. I have literally nobody to impress at school, so why get dressed up in all the new stuff I bought over summer. I'm saving those for the 'back to school' parties.

And just because I don't want to ruin my brand new shoes, Nike slides is the best option right now.

"Honey, you're late!"

I rolled my eyes grabbing my bookbag and heading downstairs. Speed walking to the kitchen I saw my mom cooking a big breakfast. "Yes, my mom loves me after all." She giggled.

"Actually this is for your father and I, you woke up too late. Take two waffles and get to school, I don't need them calling to tell me you where late to your first class."

I gave her a kiss on her cheek and took two waffles in my hand. God that's hot, putting on in my mouth was a better way. Taking my keys with my free hand I mumbled a faint 'I love you' to my mom before I closed the door. Driving to school with a waffle in my mouth, I got a lot of stares from other drivers.

Everybody has seen a person trying to eat waffles, dance to music, and speed to school, so I don't know what was so weird.

I'm actually very excited for today. Rae, my bestfriend since I was a kid, left me during summer to go with her family on a trip to the mountains .

Sadly I couldn't go so I just had to wait 'til she came back, which is today. I'm so happy, the time apart from her did give me a chance to change but I do miss her.

I walked to the cafeteria, after parking my car, to try to get some more breakfast to eat before class. Hearing my stomach grumble, I regret not waking up early for breakfast. All the things they usually have aren't even edible. I see why half of this stuff here is free.

Placing my earbuds in, I hit shuffle and started listening. It surprises me how many kids actually wait in line for this food.

Unsatisfied with the song I kept scrolling to find one I would be in the mood for. Yes, it defeats the purpose of the shuffle button but who cares.

In the mist of my song frustration I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"You know Z, the point of shuffle is to get a diversity of songs. You're going to freeze the app clicking the next button so fast." My heart jumped as I turned around.

"Rae!" I pulled her into a hug as she laughed. We got a few stares but who cares. I haven't seen her for three months.

"Well hello to you too," I tightened the hug.