Chp 6

(Alex, photo above)

After the mall they went back to Rae's house. Zairen helped carry in the bags as her best friend packed her old clothes so she could head home.

________

The next morning Rae woke up to get ready for school settling with something simple. A black 'Boyz N the Hood' with a pair of blue jeans and slides. She place her hair into a messy bun, as her phone rung with a message from her best friend notifying her that she was parked outside.

Rae grabbed her backpack rushing to tell her parents she loved them while running out of the door.

Zairen was in the car already shuffling their favorite list of music.

Since the girls had the same first class, it became a common routine for them to car pool together, even though Rae had her own car, nothing felt right if Zairen wasn't with her.

Getting weird stares by passing drivers always felt better when there are two people.

As early as it was, the girls where still singing their hearts out until the art filled walls of the school came into view.

While walking to class Rae begged Zairen to tell her more about what she did over the summer. After the weekend over her house, she felt she saw a side of her best friend she never had experienced before which left her dying to know more.

"I can not believe you learned to cook without me," the girls walked in to the classroom towards their unassigned seats in the back.

The football player flashed her a charming smile, "I promise besides cooking, nothing else has really changed about me. I'm still the same boring person you have been friends with for years."

Taking their seats the bell rang starting class. For nearly twenty minutes the girls sat taking notes from the board and switching between highlighters.

Zairen raised her hand in order to get the teacher's attention.

"Can I go use the bathroom," she asked. After receiving the 'yes' she wanted, the dark- haired athlete left to relieve herself.

Rae continued to take notes for her best friend, switching between the colors that matched her notebook.

In the corner of her eyes she could see a little black book poking out from inside her bag. Out of curiosity the short girl took it out and placed it on the wooden desk. Opening it to reveal the white pages covered in small and big detailed drawings.

As Rae continued to turn through the book, she stumbled upon the face of a girl.

The details of her face were more defined than the others. Carefully placed to shade so the features would be more noticeable.

The girl was obviously happy, her head was thrown back in laughter and her smile  bright.

It was visible she put a lot of care and time into this particular drawing, which did nothing but confuse the short girl more. Since the drawing was of her.

Before the athlete could catch her with the book in her possession, she quickly put it back in its place in the bag. Her thoughts are spiraling more than ever.