Chapter 12: Corporate Rebellion

It was night fall before Joseph returned from the weapons cache. They got ready to leave, packing weapons into the armored car Joseph had found. It began to rain as they finished preparing.

"I'm going with you," Joseph said.

"You've already done enough," Daniel responded.

"I don't care. I don't want my family to live in slave labour for a bunch of frakking toasters."

"No Yusif," Sam said," he's right. You look after your family. I'm going."

"We've lost enough Adamas to this man's ambition."

"I'll watch my back," Sam assured him, "I have to do this. I have reasons that I can't tell you right now. Please, just try to understand."

"Okay. Look after yourself." Joseph hugged his brother before letting him climb in the back of the car.

"You're staying here too," Daniel said to Amanda.

 "I'm not leaving Zoe," Amanda said.

"I'm not going to be able to talk you out of this, am I?"

"Nope," Amanda said climbing in beside Sam.

"Please, don't shoot me this time," Sam said as she climbed in.

"No promises," Amanda replied. The Blessed Mother climbed in as well. Daniel went to get into the driver seat but Zoe beat him to it.

"Oh no, you're not driving," he said to his daughter.

"I've smashed through barricades before," Zoe said.

"And managed to destroy an expensive prototype in the process."

"My reflexes are faster than normal humans, one of the few good things about being a robot."

"Fine, just remember not to make this a suicide run," Daniel said climbing in the passenger seat.

“So Cylon girl’s driving,” Sam said, “is there anything you can’t do?”

“I can’t shrug,” Zoe said pulling the car away from the curb. Zoe drove down back alleyways to avoid the Cylon patrols.

The car stopped momentarily at the safe house that the Blessed Mother had been staying at. She returned with a backpack full of explosives. The car continued for quite some time before they met any resistance.

Zoe managed to dodge a few Cylon patrols as they marched down the middle of the road and ran over a few others. The Cylons opened fire the instant they realized what was going on. It soon became clear that the Cylon patrols were radioing ahead. The number and organization of the Cylons increased as they got closer to their intended target.

Zoe finally reached the guard posts of the Graystone Industries campus. The car smashed through the gates with relative ease. They pulled the car around the back of one of the smaller buildings of the campus and got out, deciding to continue on foot. A Cylon Raider destroyed the car behind them.

As he looked around, Daniel saw the full extent of the Cylon takeover of his company. The Cylons were being built at a million units a day. Military Centurions and civilian models marched side by side out of the main entrance of the central tower. The newer troops were easy to spot. As of the takeover, the Cylons had stopped being painted for their assigned duties and were instead chrome plated. Air patrols of Cylon Raiders passed overhead, the singing of their engines becoming a sign of impending doom.

This was an apocalypse of Daniel's making and he needed to do something about it. Daniel began trying to think of a plan of getting into the building when the door opened revealing an old friend.