5.

conversations that are "slanted" are in english while normal ones are in korean.

I just laid on my floor and used my clothes as a pillow. I contacted the movers earlier on and they said my furniture should arrive in 1 hour. I also contacted contacted some electricians to come to help me fix my TV and wifi.

I was really bored so I decided to explore the area. I took my phone and wallet and walked out the door. It was a really peaceful area. It was hidden in the city. It was not crowded nor entirely peaceful at the same time.

I walked and spotted a small road filled with a bakery, a convenience store, a cafe and a mini mart. It was pretty convenient as it was about a 5 minute walk away from my house.

I decided to do some grocery shopping. I walked into the mini mart and took a basket on my way. I grabbed a whole bunch of snacks and some bottled water. I paid the cashier and made my way out.

I continued walking down the street and I ended up in a small park. I sat down at the bench and admired the nature in front of me.

I got a call and I picked it up. Oh crap.

I FORGOT ABOUT THE MOVERS!!

They were already at my house but I was nowhere to be seen. I took my bags and ran all the way too my house. I did not even bother to take the elevator as it took too long and just climbed up the stairs.

"Sorry," I panted.

I awkwardly opened my house door and they moved all my furniture and boxes in. They were even kind enough to help me carry and set up my table, couch and bed. Basically anything too big for me too handle.

While they were helping me unpack, the electricians came and helped me with the instalment of my TV and wifi.

I gave all of the workers snacks and bottles of water as they proceeded their way out. It was just a token of gratitude and an apology for me making them wait.

Now that I had my furniture all laid out. I decided to unpack all my stuff and nick-knacks. I did quite a lot of unpacking and organising in 3 hours. I decided to take a shower since I was all stinky and sweaty.

After the nice shower, I opened my fridge as I was hungry. Reality hit me and I realised I did not have any food.

I decided to order some chicken. While waiting I decided to play some music. I went over to my vinyl collection and decided to play one of my favourite tunes. I really enjoyed listening to music. I had all my vinyl cds' on display and some kpop band cds' which I played on my boombox.

I plopped down on my couch and decided to take a nap while waiting for my food.

My doorbell rang and I quickly went to open the door to collect my food. I gave the man a tip and proceeded to say goodbye.

I was eating the chicken and I decided to text Chan cause why not.

y/n
soup.
this is y/n
im bored and eating chicken alone in my new apartment :")

Channie💗
HEYY
oml im so hungry right now ><
we having a break now

y/n
cool
don't overwork yrself too much btw

Channie💗
ik ik
how's the house?

y/n
i somehow managed to unpack all my furniture and stuff
it looks waaay better when i first came

Channie💗
that was quick
btw i gtg
ttyl :-)))

y/n
okay then
bai baii

I switched my phone off and continued munching on my chicken. I decided to do a housewarming party for me and my neighbours.

I went out of my house and proceeded to go to my neighbours. I knocked on their door. No reply. I knocked again and there was no reply.

I guess no one was at home then.

I went back to my apartment and took out a piece of paper.

Hi!
I'm your new neighbour. I wanted to tell you that I'll be hosting a housewarming party tomorrow at 7.30pm. I'll be cooking dinner for all of us. I hope you are not busy tomorrow night. I would appreciate if you could inform me if you are free and how many of you will be going :-))
-your neighbour

I slipped the note under my neighbours door and hopefully they would see it and would not think it's just trash.

I'll just have to wait then.