5

Flashback

I rode my bike to the swimming pools.

My parents did not care about where i was going, so i go where ever i want to. But i want them to care, im their daughter afterall.

***

I stuffed my duffel bag in the basket infront of my bike, looking at it realizes me of my efforts.

I saw the swimming pools insight. My face lit with joy and pedalled faster and faster towards my destination.

Lucky for me our public pools are actually free believe it or not. I go there every spare time i have and whenever i have swimming lessons.

Swimming is my escape. Even if i might be only 12 years old i had to escape from my parents expectations and their troubles.

***

To my favour I found a unoccupated lane. I warmed myself up slowly doing laps back and forth back and forth.

While swimming i found myself sinking in the water.
Slowly, very slowly i sank to the bottom.

I felt all the troubles in my family, all the situations and problems in my family weight on my shoulders.

It felt like rocks were falling on me preventing me from swimming to the top.

I felt stuck.

I felt trapped.

I could only hold my breath for so long.

I was not immune to death. I was not immortal.

I thrashed under the water. My arms punched and wrestled the water but it did not do a thing to my situation.

I was going to die. Atleast death is better than enduring pain in my home when home is supposed to a place of love. Its a place of hatred for me, its a place of fighting.

A place i did not want be.

Gradually i closed my eyes. Deciding to go sleep. To rest.

1

2

3

4

5

i counted down what was supposed to be the last seconds of my life.

I felt arms wrapping around me pulling me up with all their strength. We reached the top. The person heaved me to the top and started giving me CPR

I coughed out alot of water, and more water and more until finally my lungs were free from water.

My eyes were seared with pain as i opened them.

I slowly opened my eyes and gasped as i saw who was in front of me. It was Hayden Black the most notorious of them all.
His blue oceanic eyes were filled with relief as i opened my eyes. His hair dripped with water hanging over his eyes.

He laid back with a sigh. I couldnt help but stare at his body. His abs were so defined i couldnt look away.

Quick description; Hayden dark, black hair, oceanic blue eyes that just pop out, body of a swimmer and was overall my definition of hot.For a 12 year old damnnn boyyyy.

He saved my life. He saved me even though he did not know me and for that i was forever grateful.

But my gratefulness turned into infatuation very quickly. Who wouldnt?

Especially if it was Hayden. Hayden Black.