11

I drove down Damien's street in awe of everything. Starting from the houses, the cars and also the landscape was perfect. It was just beautiful. I found Damien's house but, unfortunately, there was a gate.

I drove to the gate and searched for an intercom. I saw one and spoke into it. "Hello. My name is Adelia Mathews" I heard no reply so, I said, "I'm here for the bike". The gate suddenly opened and, I drove inside the property.

I parked my car and went to knock on the most massive door I've ever seen in my life. I was so thrilled that I was beginning to get impatient. My excitement vanished from my body as soon as the door opened. Hayden stood in front of me in all his gloriousness. The air was filled with awkwardness.

"What are you doing here?" his voice was void of emotion. I ignored him and tried to look past him, trying to look for Damien. Unfortunately, Hayden decided to movie right in front of my view. I looked up at him and saw anger (as always). I was not surprised since Hayden's mood is beginning to be predictable for me. "What are you doing here?" he asked me once again. "I'm here for Damien, your best friend" I just wanted my motorbike already. "You are after him and just so you know you are not his type" his voice was full of mock and unbelief.  I smiled and shook my head at him. "Are you sure about that?"

Just then Damien came to the door. "Hey, Matthews" as he was speaking he leaned in to hug me. Being the well-mannered person I was I hugged him back. I leaned into his ear and whispered: "What are you doing?". "Helping you", he replied.  As soon as we broke off the hug, I understood what he meant. Unconsciously, I looked to where Hayden stood but, he was already gone.

"Come in. I'll give you a quick tour".

"That's nice of you but, this is probably the last time I'll be here".

"You never know. My best friend comes here all the time you know" he winked at me but, I just slapped the back of his head. Judging by the way Damien fell forward, I must have caught him off guard or, I am just extremely athletic.

Unluckily for him, the ground was marble. As I got down to help him, I heard a painful groan coming from him. I also heard footsteps which were so unfortunate for me. "Are you okay? Sorry about that". I turned him around and saw his forehead was getting red. "Ooh. That must hurt" I said as I touched his forehead. "Damn you got man hands" he spoke as I helped him up. I was going to reply but, I saw Hayden rushing over to us.

He stood right in front of me, fuming. "What are you doing?" he removed my hand from Damien's shoulders and chucked it away. I rolled my hand in circles and said "I was helping him. Calm down will you?". "Can you give me the keys already, please. Your friend has quite the temper".

"Why don't you hurry up and get out!" he spoke to me as his teeth were gritted together. I glanced up at him and concluded not to converse so,  I shoved past him and went to what I assumed, was the lounge.

It turned out, I was right, it was so elegant and big. There was a white grand piano situated in the corner of the room which was free of any dust. The living room was connected with a kitchen which, was made, mainly out of marble.  Everything was so clean it looked like no one lived in the place. My awe faded as I heard heavy footsteps behind me.

I knew who it was so I went and sat down on one of the white, spotless couches. I crossed my legs and looked straight into his eyes. "Do you remember me, Hayden?" I don't know why I asked but, I had the urge to. He didn't speak.

I sighed then said, "I'm sorry about today and about calling your girlfriend a 'whore' but, you should try to see past her beauty and body for once".

"Like I said you don't know anything about me" he replied.

I chuckled lightly and walked over to the grand piano. "Yeah, I don't know you that well, but one thing I know is you hate me right?" I sat down on the piano seat and turned around to face him. "You're right I hate you." he stood up.

"You annoy me" he took one step closer to me.

"You make me angry" he took another one.

"You are ugly" he took another step. There were only about 1 step in between us. Every word that was coming out of his mouth was so hurtful. But my anger was overclouding my pain.

"You have a pity little crush on me" he took his last step and leaned in close to me. "But let me tell you something, I will never, ever, like you".

I smiled at him trying to hide the hurt within me. "Hayden, my darling. You are quite the heart breaker".

He stared at me in confusion. I leaned closer to him and kissed him on the cheek swiftly and shoved him out of my way.

I noticed Damien behind Hayden,  he wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Do you want to get slapped again?".

He immediately shook his head. I extended my arm and opened up my palm. He dropped the keys into my hand and said: "Follow me". I followed him not once looking back.