Preface

The first time I met a muggleborn was when I was six years old. Lucius, my Father had taken me to the Ministry of Magic - he'd been looking after me for the afternoon while Narcissa, his wife and my Mother, had taken a four year old Draco to St. Mungo's. I couldn't remember why Draco was there, but I remembered it was a pretty stressful time for everyone. I didn't really remember the Ministry that well, I remembered that it was massive and I thought it pretty cool, and I didn't remember the muggleborn that well. I just remembered thinking that I didn't actually know why they were supposed to be "lesser" than myself, a pureblood wizard. The muggleborn had made me question my superiority.

So, from that moment then, I stopped listening to Narcissa and Lucius without question- they'd obviously been lying to me all my life. My great, long and experienced six years on the planet.

When I was eleven years old, instead of going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft of Wizardry, a place I'd been dreaming of, just to get away from my family and join Gryffindor, get good grades and get work somewhere cool, as far away from the Dark Arts as possible, they sent me to Durmstrang. A school for the Dark Arts. And I had to learn how to speak an entirely different language.

While it was difficult for the first year of my education, I eventually got across our language barrier and started to do well for the next few years. It became a goal of mine, quite soon after entering the hell of Durmstrang, to get disowned by my family. For them to lose all authority.

It took four years.

The first year I came back, I refused to speak to Lucius and Narcissa. At no point did I speak to them in all those holidays. If there was a point where I needed to communicate with them, it was through Dobby, the very abused house elf whom I did my very best to help stop, or Draco, who wasn't sure about how I was behaving - I was weird to him but I was still his older brother.

The second year I came back for the holidays, I started to refer to them by their first names, no longer Mother or Father. Draco had been told that I was never to be listened to, that I was a liar and a blood traitor. It had hurt a lot that year, but it was temporary.

The third year I came back for the holidays was the year I started to integrate muggle lingo into my vocabulary, not really understanding what any of it meant but knowing it really bothered them.

The fourth year I came back, it appeared that Dobby had gone. I didn't know what had happened, but I was furious about it. Not that I let them know. I started to bring muggle things into the house and into my room.

And this year? Well.

-

Welcome.

So, I'm just posting the preface to let y'all know this is what I'm starting and to see how many people are interested. But I'll post this when I'm finished writing the whole thing, make sure everything is alligned. I'm not sure how I'll post it, if I'll do it like OE, weekly, or just post the whole thing at once. Lemme know.

Disclaimer in the description.