Chapter One

A/N

Okay, so first thing's first, this book features cameos from Kelli Watson, an OC from another one of my books, An Otherwordly Magical Experience, and it has a non-spoiler. I call it that because I haven't even written the book that that might be a spoiler for, and her position is the only thing that is a spoiler (because let's be honest, Kelli wouldn't let Harry's parents die).

I'm also going to dedicate this Chapter, and effectively the entire book to my friend, Jill, aka ShadowCupcakes who's been with me for this ever since I came up with the story idea and helped me grow it from there. She's fucking great, y'all, I love her.

I'm also posting this whole book at once. So, enjoy reading a completed fanfic.

~

"Caelum, what on earth is this?" asked Lucius, storming into the dining room with a large muggle contraption that had a long tail with a barbed kind of end, he dropped the strange contraption onto the table. His face and tone screamed absolute fury.

"It's a muggle thing that plays music, but I can't get it to work," I replied calmly as possible, staring at it with a frown. "It's been very frustrating."

"That - Caelum, I swear to Merlin, I've had enough of your behaviour!" Lucius yelled, pulling out his wand. "You are a wizard, Caelum! A Malfoy!"

"Ah, really? I didn't realise that," I commented, wanting this to be over. Was I finally getting kicked out?

His face was changing colour, from red to purple. "This is the end of the line, Caelum. Either you stop this lunacy or you're to leave!"

"Ah, I guess I'm leaving then," I replied, still calmly, getting to my feet. "You can keep the muggle music player."

"Get out!" Lucius shouted as I shrugged at him then left. He continued to yell but I couldn't help grin. Hell, I knew there was a convicted killer on the loose, but man, I didn't even care. I was finally out of here. Five years and it was finally done.

~~

For the first time in my life, I entered Kings Cross Train Station. I hadn't been allowed to see Draco off. In the course of two weeks, I had written Durmstrang, Karkaroff to be more precise, that I would no longer be attending Durmstrang. I'd never wanted to go and I had no intention of staying from then on. I'd sent a letter to Hogwarts - Dumbledore, writing for admittance and my situation of estrangement. He sent a letter to Gringotts for me and sent me a equipment list and a key - a special allowance for school supplies for students in need.

For the past two weeks, I had been living with my Aunt, Andromeda Tonks, Narcissa's sister who had reached out when she heard about about my estrangement and she was nice enough to show me how to get to Platform 9 3/4. I'd met a cousin I had - a metamorphmagus who'd been in Hufflepuff, Nymphadora Tonks, Nymphadora if you wanted to die, or if you were her parents. An Auror, as well. Apparently, the release of Sirius Black had stressed the Ministry out tenfold, and my parents decision to throw me out this year was them basically asking him to murder me. I mean, I wasn't really that surprised, but hearing it was odd.

"Right, so now you walk right through that wall," Aunty Andromeda told me and I blinked at her.

"Excuse me?"

"Go on, you'll be fine."

"How am I meant to walk through a wall without being seen by all these muggles?"

"You won't be seen, don't worry," she replied, "here, I'll go first. If you don't follow, it means you don't get to go to Hogwarts."

"It also means I have to live with you for another year," I replied.