Chapter 8

“Goddamn-it !!”

Well, it look like our plan got backfired . They are going through backdoor. Now what do we do ?"

"Let's hope that, they do not get their hands on guns" he said calmly.

I gave him a look of disbelief. How can anyone be calm in this situation. Like seriously?

"Let's go inside. They are in living room right now" he said in urgent voice.

So we stood up quietly and started tiptoeing down to the backdoor. I opened the door with key I had. I always kept an extra key to the backdoor with me. Sometimes, of my late work I had to come to home late.

We went inside. I closed the door softly behind me.

"You know where the guns and sprays are kept right ?" He whispered to me.

"Of-course" I said in duh tone. As if I don't know.

I went to the corner where the cabinet was and clicked a small button down the cabinet.The drawer attached to the cabinet, started opening slowly without making any sound coming. Thank God that dad had greased it. He is the fixer of our house. You know what I am talking about. Right?

I picked up the guns from there and also the pepper sprays , which were kept on the right side of the rack, where cutlery were kept .

"Woah! When did you guys installed this. I never knew about it" he whisper-yelled to me.        

"And why in the world there is the need for you to know ?" I asked him incredulously, while giving him a gun and a pepper spray. I kept the pepper spray at my back pocket and held the gun in my hand.

He ignored me while arming himself.

Now armed with potential weapons we quietly followed to living room to see the shadow of the robbers heading towards to my parents room.

We heard the opening of the door and some shuffling.

"They are opening the safe right now"

"What ? How do you know ? " 

"Let's go up and show them who is the boss" said the man with a determined look on his face.

"But-

"Come on. We don't have time." He said urgently.

"Ok then, here goes nothing” I muttered under my breath

I started following him upward to my parents room but as luck would have it or as clichéd as it sound, I mistakenly tossed the vase down and came the loud crash.

"Are you serious? Said the man.

“Take cover now!”

We heard loud whispering and as we were tucking behind the couch to cover ourselves we heard a loud shout -

"Stop!!"

We heard a click sound and then the light flooded the whole room.

I turned around - "Uh hi guys ??" ( seriously I am saying this?) I said to the two robbers who were now rushing down the stairs.

"What are you doing here ? Who are you ?" Asked the robbers with black eyes.

Now he got me mad. See the nerve of the guy. He is asking me what I am doing in my own house. Just great.

"You know, I should be asking you this question. What are you doing here in my house ?"

"Wasn't she in her room sleeping?" Asked the other one with brown eyes.

"Never mind now, since we have some company let’s have a party" said the voice behind us. Ladies and gentlemen, last but not the least the third robber with green eyes said while he was staring at me.

Those eyes felt familiar. I have seen it before but couldn't place it where.

"What do you say about it ? Shall we?" said the green eyed guy, as all of them came towards us.

I shared a look with my partner and....