SIXTEEN.

THE words chill jimin to his bones and he stutters out a weak response, "n-no

THE words chill jimin to his bones and he stutters out a weak response, "n-no. i mean, i-it's the first time i'm seeing you, so," he shrugs, attempting to seem as nonchalant as possible.

jungkook keeps staring at him intensely with narrowed eyes, drawing them away only when namjoon clears his throat. "i know my date's hot, but you don't have to stare at her that hard," he jokes, although jealousy was lacing his words.

the younger laughs, patting the elder's shoulder. "i was just making sure you weren't going to play this one."

jimin shuffles away from namjoon upon hearing this, reminding himself of his mission.

revenge. revenge. revenge. that's what you're here for.

but before his eyes could set themselves onto his shoes, he manages to glance at namjoon, somewhat taken aback when he sees his jaw and hands clenched.

as if he has a right to be mad. he played everyone back in high school, jimin scoffs to himself internally.

"i actually like her," he smiles through gritted teeth, patting jungkook a little too hard on the shoulder even though, it clearly didn't affect the muscular man.

"well, i'll be taking my leave. don't want to interrupt your 'date'," he quoted. "see you around, jimin." and with an annoying smirk accompanied with a wink directed to jimin, he turns around on his heels and walks away, whistling an unrecognizable tune.

"she seems way too familiar," jungkook mutters underneath his breath, to himself.

"who was that?" jimin asks namjoon once the younger walks away. "used to be my best friend in high school, but we kind of drifted apart due to... certain reasons," the man replies with a sigh, ducking underneath a branch.

it was then when jimin took notice of his surroundings, and boy, was he amazed. the view awaiting his gaze was what he'd describe as ethereal. numerous fireflies were floating around in the sky, similar to the millions of stars shining down upon them as they walked over the grassy landscape. there was a blanket lying before them on the green grass, with vintage wine bottles in a basket placed over it. it was sappy, and unfortunately, jimin loved sappy.

"uh, so, do you like it? seokjin told me that you like stargazing and yeongyang was the only place that came to mind, and yeah." namjoon's edgy voice broke him out of his admiration, forcing him to turn towards him and embrace him into a warm hug filled with unsaid words and feelings.

"i love it. thank you, namjoon." the sincerity in his voice made namjoon's heart collapse due to an extreme amount of cuteness.

the rest of the night was spent with drunken giggles, confession of regrets, and the truths of deep sorrows.

i'm incredibly sorry for keeping the description of the date so short because, truthfully, idk how to type out dating scenes :(( also, i know shit about korea and yeonyang so idk how anything works sorry.