Little things mean the most

Hey babes, welcome back!

Have you seen the clips from last night's debut Superfruit concert? have you seen them?? 

SF are so, so fabulous, unapologetically themselves; singing about love on their own terms; Scott's waving the pride flag; they smile and sing and dance and, well, they are everything we need. I feel like a proud mother, truly. 🍓👯💖✨

Winter just won't let go this year. It's getting real old, and we didn't even get that much snow here. One day it's all sun and spring bulbs, the next it's bitter winds and ice.

So to distract from all that, or whatever stormy weather you're enduring IRL, here's our guys again. Did I say less angst? I did. Did I say no angst? C'mon, did you read The Pact? 😁

Scott and Mitch have to be clear about their goals. 

*****

Thinking back later, Scott realised it had started a while before

Thinking back later, Scott realised it had started a while before. They were both busy, and he had a head full of plans and dreams and songs so he didn't notice anything different. He blamed himself for that.

Mitch complained of feeling sick during lunch with Candice and Austin. He went to the bathroom and was gone for some time. Scott was just about to go in search of him when he returned looking pale.

"You know, I think I'll head home early."

Scott stood up and took his hand. "We can leave if—"

"No, it's okay, you stay. My Uber's here." He squeezed Scott's hand. "Sorry guys, catch you another time."

"All right, Mitch?"

"Yeah, just tired I think."

Candice nodded. "Take some ibuprofen and feel better soon, okay?"

"I will." He shrugged on his coat and left.

When Scott returned after lunch, the house was quiet.

"Mitchy, I'm home."

There was no answer. Scott eventually found Mitch asleep in his own bedroom, the blinds closed. He tucked the covers around him, left a glass of water and two tablets on the nightstand, and decided to let him sleep it off.

Mitch appeared in the office around five o'clock.

"Hey."

Scott turned in his chair and held out his hands. He knew better than to comment that Mitch looked tired, with dark smudges under his eyes.

"Hey baby. Feeling better after your sleep?"

Mitch didn't move. "I guess."

Scott patted his thighs. "You're a long way away, come on over here and sit with me." He smiled, but Mitch didn't respond immediately. Instead he stared at the ground.