Chapter 4

March 3/2018

Sitting in the very comfortable rocker that we got for the nursery I wasted as my Dad put the crib together. All the furniture I had ordered arrived yesterday afternoon and this afternoon Dad and I were putting it all together and getting things ready for the baby, after all, I'm 33 weeks along so the baby could come sooner than expected but I'm hoping to keep it in there for at least another month.

"Where is the crib going again Ana?"

"To the left of the window please, I want to put the rocker next to the windows, and the dresser down right up next to the closet"

"Okay sounds good I just wanted to be sure, can you take the crib mattress out of its package?"

"Maybe we should leave it in the package until I have a sheet for it you know so it stays clean?"

"Fair point didn't think of that. So you sure you don't want to change the colour of the walls?"

"White goes with anything Dad so picking a team will be perfect once the baby comes"

"Okay, but still if you change your mind we can paint the room"

"Right now I'm okay with just leaving it white, thanks, Dad"

Dad smiled at me and went back to putting the crib put together, I had my hand on my bump rocking back and forth gently. I really wanted to help my Dad put things together but he didn't want me to hurt myself of the baby so I was being forced to just sit down and watch and be the judge of where everything went. I kind of felt like this is how it went when Mom was pregnant with me. Dad doing all the work and her relaxing. Just as Dad was about to finish up the crib I headed downstairs to get us each some water.

Most teenagers would rather be out with friends on a Saturday afternoon, but here at home with my Dad building, the nursery furniture was all I wanted to be doing. While I was grabbing two water bottles out of the fridge I also grabbed myself an apple since I really wanted one after seeing them in the bowl on the island.

"So have you decided on names yet Ana?"

"I don't know I have a couple I like, but I haven't gotten the one"

"What are you thinking?"

"Well for a girl I was thinking maybe Emma or maybe Jennifer"

"I like both of those, what about a boy?"

"Well I'm thinking maybe Liam or Henry"

"All four are wonderful name Ana"

"Thank Dad. Actually, I was wondering how did you come up with my name?"

"See I like the Anna with two N's, like your mother middle name Leanna. But your Mom really wanted something unique and not very common something special to you"

"So you compromised?"

"Sort of, Anastasia Marie just rolled off the tongue"

"You know I was thinking of using Margret are a middle name if I have a girl, you know cause I'm named after my Grandma so my daughter should be named after hers"

Dad smiled over at me I could see some tears in his eyes but he didn't let them fall he just nodded and went back to screwing the two pieced of the crib he was working on together. I wanted to keep the fact that if the baby was a boy he would have Dad's name a surprise just in case it happened. Dad finished the crib and I helped him move it up against the wall where I wanted it to go. Then we dropped the mattress in just so it was out of the way.

Next Dad started working on the dresser and I sat down on the floor instead and quickly put the one bedside table together so I could put it next to the rocking chair. I had bought two but the second one was going down in the basement for now since we didn't really need two in the nursery.