Chapter 6

"What are you doing, Mr Stark?" Nick Fury stormed in, scowling.

"Uhhh.... Kinda been wondering the same thing about you." Tony stated, immediately on guard.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract." Fury scowled.

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile." Bruce responded.

"Yeah, then you get your Cube back. No muss, no fuss. What is "Phase 2"?" Tony asked, looking at his screen.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D. Uses the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve slammed a missile onto the table. Nico's head shot up, and he glared at Fury.

"That's why you were so adamant to do the project?" Nico scowled.

"Nico, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making..." Fury was cut off by Tony showing the plans on a holographic computer.

"Sorry, Nick. What were you lying?" Tony

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve spat.

"Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Natasha, sounding slightly hurt.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" The Black Widow avoided the question.

Bruce laugh was humorless, "I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you." The Black Widow told him sternly.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Black Widow frowned.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you." Natasha said in warning.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Bruce said harshly, "I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. Is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of them." Fury pointed at Thor and Nico.

"Us?" Thor asked, taken aback.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor growled.

"And I'm not a threat to earth, because it's my home planet. I would never harm the place my friends died trying to protect." Nico almost rolled his eyes at Fury's surprised expression. Thor gave him a look, and Nico sighed, "It's a long story."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Fury only furthered angered the others, except Nico who was slightly confused as to how people were getting so... hostile.

"Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve shot back.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor warned, just as Nico had before.

"A higher form?" Steve asked, horrified by the thought.

"I told you this." Nico frowned, "And I am angry, but can everyone calm down, please. We can talk this out, but we need to be cal..."

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something." Fury ignored Nico.

"A nuclear deterrent, because that always calms everything right down." There's the Tony Stark' infamous sarcasm.