Chapter two

I was now around six months old, and growing like mad! Life here in the Northern hemisphere was terrific, though sometimes we travelled South to hunt the narwals and seals in Antarctica, that was always a treat! There were 5 other calves in my pod, Tanya, Diez, Christoff, Aiidan and Shaűnn. We were all around the same age, and we all loved to play, but at the moment Tanya and Aiidan were having a hunting lesson with their mum, and so was I. I loved to learn how to catch the little silver minnows in the shallows, but my favourite part was when we all gathered together and hunted a big whale. Just last week we swam upon a lone bull fin whale, and boy did we eat that day. 'Tilikum? Are you listening? You need to listen...what did I just say?' Oh sea snails. I was definitely not listening. 'Um, you said something..about fish?' Mum's face quickly turned from questionative to scolding....but then it slowly turned into a toothy grin. 'Honestly. What are you going to do when you grow up? Hunt seaweed?' Playfully she chased me through the water, 'you can't catch me! I'm the fastest whale in the ocean!' 'Only the second fastest! As I'm coming to catch you!' Suddenly, I was going fast. Very fast. My powerful tail fin powered up and down, up and down. I felt like I could fly..maybe i could! I dipped down and then, with all my might, lunged into the air. I was flying! The water was beneath me and I could see for miles, but then I was falling, and I dived gracefully into the water. Suddenly everyone was around me, all cheering and squealing. 'That jump was amazing!' 'You went so high!' Even my father had smile on his face. It was the greatest moment of my life.