Chapter 4

"Sierra" Someone whispers in my ear while shaking me awake.

I turn my back from whoever it was and cover my face with a pillow.

"Sierra" This time it was louder and the shaking was more violent.

"What?" I spat out at the person for waking me up, only to see my brother there with a grin in his face.

"Let's go" He tells me, pointing out the door. I raise an eyebrow but follow him out anyways.

"James, where are we going?" I ask him, he shushes me and gestures for me to just follow him.

After a while of walking around the neighbourhood, we found ourselves seated on a swing.

"You woke me up to take you to the park?" I question him causing him to laugh.

"Maybe, who knows?" He jokes, I roll my eyes at him.

"You could have woken Sirius up instead" I point out, covering a yawn.

"speaking of Sirius, what up with you guys?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I snort.

"Nothing that concerns you" I answer, he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Hey, I'm your brother if some guy decides to fall inlove with you they gotta go through me first" He says proudly causing me laugh but feel loved at the same time.

James wasn't a perfect brother and the same goes for me but when one needs the other, we'd be there.

"Relax, no one's gonna fall inlove with me besides it's you whose head over heels" I point out, he gives me a what-are-you-talking about look.

"Lily Evans" I say with a smirk and almost immediately his cheeks go red.

"There is no Lily and I" he tells me and I laugh again.

"yeah right, you'll be spending more time with her considering your prefects" I say with a laugh.

"I'm not so sure about that" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"All she does is snap at me and push me away" He sighs, looking defeated and lost.

"Well, you are pretty annoying" I mumble, earning me a glare from him.

"What?" I ask in defence, he rolls his eyes and crosse his arms at me.

"Your supposed to be on my side" He tells me.

"I am"

"Your not"

"I am"

"not"

"am"

"not"

"okay, stop! I'm just pointing out the reason on why she maybe doesn't like you, how about trying to pretend to ignore her" I tell him, his eyes light up with my idea.

"right, so that she'll miss me and my antics" He says; I flinch, that wasn't really the point of my idea but I'll just go with it.

he yawns and stretches his arms.

"well I'm sleepy, let's go?" He asks, standing up and holding out his arm for me to take but I shake my head.

"I'll stay for a few minutes" I tell him, he nods his head and looks over his shoulder.

"You sure, you'll be fine?" He asks and I just gesture for him to go.

Once he was out of sight, a black dog walks up to me and rubs his fur against my legs. I pet him and rub the back of his ear.

"well aren't you a good boy" I tell him with a smile causing him to bark back at me.

"You understand me, huh? That's good" I whisper to him, he barks back again causing me to chuckle.

"Well, I'm sleepy so I'll be going ahead" I say causing the dog to lick my hand, I laugh.

"I promise, I'll see you around when I come back" I mutter, earning another bark from the dog but this time his tail was wagging.

I walk back with the black dog by my side causing me to smile again, at least the dog cares.

Once we reach my house, I pat his head again before waving goodbye and heading in.

"Maybe tomorrow will be a good day after all" I thought making me smile as I drift back to sleep.

Read. Vote. Comment. ❤️
What do you guys think? The black dog seem familiar to you guys? Comment your thoughts.