chapter one

''Hydrana!''

''Hydrana!'',through  the  thick  fog  of sleep and pain I heard my  name  being  called successfully waking me  from the little sleep I manage to  get every day.Today  had finally  come  again,  my  ninth  birthday .I let  out  a  soft sigh,  something seemed to  rub  me   the  wrong way about this  day.''What can  be  worse than  this '' I muttered .

Since  I've been a loner for  practically my  whole  life I sort of  developed a habit of  mumbling and  speaking to myself ,if  no  one  will  speak to  me  at the   least I should  be there  for  myself.I'm such a  loser .....sigh

''yes mum!'' I yelled  after some  time  ,alerting her  that I  was  awake and  coming .As  I  ran  down  the  stairs  I came  to  an abrupt  halt when I saw  her  in the  kitchen, when was  the  last  time  I saw  her there .Hearing my  footsteps halt  she  turned  around ,  till the  point where her back  was to  me I permitted  myself to  hope because she  hadn't insulted nor  manhandled me ,maybe ...just  maybe -

that  was  till I saw  her  eyes , the  way  she  regarded  me  her  daughter , empty ...her  eyes  were  empty and  that  hurt .It   hurt  more  than the  slaps  she  gave me  for  calling her  mum ,it  hurt to not be loved by  my  mother .

''yes mum'' my voice came out  lower  than  necessary as  the  realization  sunk  in  .

''what  day is  it today?'' she  asked with  false  curiosity ,she could  never forget the period when  her  husband left. I stopped hoping he  would come back after  the  night she  beat me up  for  calling his  name .

''Its my bir- I mean  4th April ''

''Good . I think  its  time I do   something  about  that  '' .That....came  as  a  shock  to me and for the  first time  in  a  long while I did  not  know  what  to  feel. I was  conflicted . Her  eyes  told  me nothing had  changed  ,but her  words.....they  gave me hope .Something  I did not want to keep.With  how  unlucky I was  it  surely would  end up  crushed .

As  evening arrived  and  the  time  for  the  party  came I realized I did  not  know who  was  invited to this so called party of mine and this  new piece  of  information  kind of  made  me nervous

As  evening arrived  and  the  time  for  the  party  came I realized I did  not  know who  was  invited to this so called party of mine and this  new piece  of  information  kind of  made  me nervous .Something nagged at me that this  was all false ,  a  plot where I would end up losing but  some where deep inside  her words gave me hope .I could  have  my  mother back ...I prayed to whom ever forces  controlled this world to  be  on  my  side and  help me.

A knock on  my  door woke me  from  my  unconscious state .

''Hydrana I hope you're ready , don't keep my guests waiting '' mum hissed through the  door .Taking  a large gulp air I smoothed the  wrinkles in  the  dress I wore  and went to face  the  guests .

Since we  had  a  large backyard, it made   sense  that mum  made parties  there .As I  passed through  the  house I noticed the  decorations  seemed familiar ,from the blue-white balloons ,to the blue  petals  on  the  floor, just like my sixth birthday  .

My  heart  began to race  in  my chest but  I paid no  heed to it  because I was  already outside, it was  now or  never .

Lights ,that  was  the  first thing  I noticed , lights came  on  me as  I emerged from  the  house -

''And here comes Hydrana!, honey  come  up here on  stage  with  mummy''  .I moved skeptically  to  the  make -shift  stage at  the center of  the backyard and placed my hand in my  mothers'. I've never  been  a  crowd  lover  and  now  even  least  but if  this  gave  my  mother  the strength  to overcome her  demons I'll do it  over and over .

''

***

Okay  so  here is  my  new  story Hydrana and by new  I mean  first   and  only   , and I  will really appreciate  your  comments , advice  and most  importantly votes,support, did I mention votes,  tips and  finally votes....lol

It starts out  boring but  we're getting to  the  juicy bits...I hope