Author's note

Edit, October 2020: 

To those of you who read an earlier version of this story –I'm deeply sorry. Honestly guys, you're strong-minded. My writing was full of cringe-worthy moments and it was, in a nutshell, annoying.

During the last few months, I've been slowly but steadily editing, and what you will read ahead is a fully revised and edited version.

This version features a never before seen prologue, a new epigraph, an aesthetics sort of page, a revamped Halloween party, a little more of Josh throughout the book, a few additional 'monologues' from Alex, and an ending that makes sense and leaves you a bit more hopeful. Every single chapter was edited –some scenes were deleted, a few others were added.

If you are a newcomer –I'm so happy that this is the first impression that you will have of me. If, for the contrary, you are a second (third, fourth?) time reader –I'm sorry and I love you. 

⚜⚜⚜

All rights reserved. This story or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author
except for the use of brief quotations.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Rated-content: this is a mature story. Subjects such as alcohol abuse, strong language, depression, anxiety, death, graphic intimacy,  and physical violence are prone to appear. Be warned if you're triggered by any of those situations.