three - what's it like to be my girlfriend?

{texts; chris & lyra}

lyra:
did you know we're definitely dating? 😂

Evans ✨:
Yeah, I did. What's it like to be my girlfriend?

lyra:
honestly? shitty. you aren't very attentive and according to the internet we've been together for like nine months and you've never kissed me once.

Evans ✨:
To be fair I have kissed you ONCE.

lyra:
the peck in TWS so doesn't count, mister.

Evans ✨:
Oh. Then yeah I guess not even once.

lyra:
honestly i'm wounded. according to the internet our relationship is pretty hot and heavy. too bad i'm not actually getting to reap the benefits of that shit.

Evans ✨:
If I'm being totally honest with you I can't tell if you're joking or serious 99% or the time and it throws me off my game so hard.

lyra:
hahaha. what don't you know if i'm being serious about?

Evans ✨:
Being into me.

lyra:
are you kidding?

Evans ✨:
...no.

lyra:
no shit, i've been into you mostly since the night of the winter soldier premiere. before then it was just kind of a casual crush but that's the night that i actually kind of fell for you.

Evans ✨:
Wait, really?

lyra:
yeah. you were so cute and sweet and did everything you could to make me comfortable and no one other than seb has ever been able to successfully do that for me before.

Evans ✨:
Lyra.

lyra:
yeah?

Evans ✨:
Why the FUCK haven't you ever told me this before?

lyra:
i thought you weren't interested.

Evans ✨:
WHY?

lyra:
you never said you were. we've always been kind of flirty so i didn't really know the difference.

Evans ✨:
Fuck, Ly. I wish I would've known that. I didn't think you were interested or I would've made a move SO long ago.

lyra:
wait... WHAT?

Evans ✨:
We're going on a date when I get out there next month. Like, a real date. Not just to a hot dog vendor and a movie. A real dinner and hang out kind of thing.

lyra:
you bet your pretty little ass we are.