sixteen - i love you too, but you'd better have some ice cream for me

Lyra sat in the limo with Sebastian and Chris, feeling just as nervous as she had that first night

Lyra sat in the limo with Sebastian and Chris, feeling just as nervous as she had that first night. They were on their way to the Captain America: Civil War premiere and she couldn't believe it still made her so nervous. She'd been to plenty of other premieres in the about two years since the Winter Soldier one, but none that she was one of the main focuses of the press like she was about to be.

Chris squeezed her hand, smiling encouragingly even though she knew he wasn't feeling too great either and Sebastian sat across from them, talking about anything and everything that popped into his head. He'd always been good at distracting Lyra from her anxieties, and most of the techniques he used for her also worked for Chris, and one of them was just constant yammering about just about anything to take their minds off of the stress.

She listened to Sebastian speak, honestly not totally sure what he was talking about. It didn't matter, though. Just the sound of his voice was calming and she leaned heavily into Chris' shoulder.

The limo stopped a while later and three of them stepped out. Chris clutched her waist tightly and she couldn't quite tell if it was more for her or him, but it didn't matter. Having his steady hand on her helped hugely and she was able to actually genuinely smile at some of the cameras in front of them as they walked the carpet.

They made it through relatively unscathed; she still wasn't great at stopping to answer questions and whatnot, but Chris was and all she had to do was follow his lead. They got a lot of questions repeatedly and by the time it was time for the film to start, she had answers for most of them on backup in her brain so it was easy to just smile and recite what she'd already said multiple other times.

Chris led her into the theater when it was time, shaking his head as she approached the actual room. He smiled at her cheekily, motioning for her to follow him. She did and wasn't surprised at all when they ended up in an office not dissimilar to the one they'd been in the night she'd first started falling in love with him.

He shut the door once she was inside, locking it and pushing her up against it gently. She laughed as he kissed her, and she felt him relax a little bit at the fact that they were alone.

"We fuckin' did it!" he said quietly, snaking his arms around her waist and pulling her even closer. "I love you," he told her, smiling.

"I love you too, but you'd better have some ice cream for me, sir," she said, and he laughed out loud, nodding.

"But of course," he said, going to the small refrigerator that had been set up for him. He grabbed two waters and two ice creams, handing her one of each and then sitting cross-legged on the floor. She sat with him, leaning up against the desk.

"I can't believe this, you know," she said, and he cocked his head to the side in question. She leaned her own head on his shoulder, taking a bite of her ice cream and sighing happily before explaining. "I can't believe we ended up here together, happy," she said, and he laughed, kissing the top of her head.

"If you would've told me two years ago this is where we were headed, I wouldn't have believed it," he admitted, shaking his head.

"I wanna marry you," she whispered, and he laughed again. She shook her head, sitting both of their ice creams on the desk behind them and motioning for him to straighten out his legs. He obliged, smiling at her when she straddled them as best she could in the dress she was wearing. She looked him in the eye, leaning her forehead on his. "I wanna marry you now, like right now," she said, and he shook his head back at her.

"Right now?" he questioned, and she nodded firmly. "Ly, I don't think we can get married right now."

"Why not?" she asked him, watching as his eyes sparkled with content amusement.

"Well, for starters it's eight o'clock at night. Second off, we're definitely supposed to be in that theater watching the movie right now. Third, your best friend is in there and we both know there's no way in hell you're getting married without him there," he told her, and she scrunched her nose up in frustration.

"You're right on all three counts. Damn it," she said, and he wrapped his arms around her neck, pulling her back in so that he could kiss her.

"How about this, huh? How about we go in and watch the rest of the movie, we do the little bit of press we have to do after, we grab Sebastian, and we go find a twenty-four hour chapel somewhere," he said, sounding adorably excited. Her eyes filled with tears and she nodded.

"You wanna marry me tonight?" she asked, mostly just wanting to hear him say it in plain terms.

"I would fucking love to marry you tonight, Lyra," he told her, making a single happy tear slip down her cheek. He reached up with a thumb to brush it away and then she caught his lips in a deep kiss, pushing him backwards against the desk. He laughed into it, holding onto her tightly.