6: Coming to Stay

PREVIOUSLY ON "OUR FUTURE":

"So what did you and Caleb look so serious about when I came in?" I turn to see Toby's head popping out of the fridge, looking at me quizzing manner. 

"Like he said, I just needed help with the laptop" I smile, walking towards him as he continues to look through the fridge.

"Now for your question" I cheekily say, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Why was Jenna ringing you?"

"She's coming back to Rosewood.." I let my arms fall from being around his neck and hold them firmly up against his chest. "and I think she wants to stay here"

-

Spencer's POV

"You're joking right? She can't stay here, not after everything that she did to you" I question while looking at Toby trying to work out whether or not he's actually serious.

"Spence, you know that I won't ever forgive her for that and I haven't forgotten about it. But she sounded desperate and I want to help!" Toby removes my hands from his chest and walks over to the sink.

"Toby.. I don't want to argue but I would really appreciate it if I didn't have to live with her not after knowing what she's done to you!" I pace over to him, trying to get him to face me I jump up onto the worktop next to where he is and hold onto his face, placing both hands on his cheeks.

"Spencer! It's my decision!" Shaking off my hands from his face, he drops the plate in the sink and walks into the bedroom muttering things that I am unable to understand.

"We need to discuss this more Toby, I'm allowed to have an opinion about it as well!" I shout a little louder in order for him to hear me from the bedroom. Just as I'm about to jump off the counter and follow him into where he is, he comes out of the room and back into the main living space.

"I wasn't aware we were able to discuss things, I just assumed as this is my flat - it's my decision!" Toby sternly says while looking at me in the eyes. Where is this coming from? He's never been Jenna's biggest fan.

"Ok Tobes, I know things haven't been brilliant between us at the moment but I never knew that you would be so patriarchal about this type of thing" I question, walking over to him, desperate to sort out whatever this is, darn hormones.

"You're right, we haven't been great. But that may have something to do with the fact you keep running back and forth between people!" Toby states, scaring me a little with the volume.

"What do you mean running back and forth?" I question. I walk towards him slowly with only confusion radiating across my face. "Running back and forth between who?" Surely he doesn't think I've cheated on him, I mean I know we're going through a difficult patch at the moment but surely he knows it's him, it's only ever been him... and soon our baby as well.

"Just stop the lying Spence!" He takes ahold of my shoulders, not losing eye contact once. "You keep switching between me and your brother!" He shouts, letting go off my shoulders and spinning around to face the wall.

Crap!

"You heard..." I whisper.

"Of course I heard" Toby cries as his fist collides with brick wall.