Chapter 5 - Chaos

"No, Damian. You cannot drive the car."

We were at the bumper cars, and I was sitting in one, arms crossed. I was not about to let Damian get behind the wheel of my car.

"What's wrong, Skylar? You scared?" He smirks, a hard light in his eyes.

"Not on your life," I say, rolling my eyes. "I'm just not putting the fate of my life- and the game- in your hands. Get your own car."

He scowls at me before walking away. I sigh in relief. I find Mark then, and call him over. He follows my voice, tapping a path through the cars on the floor with his cane. He sits down next to me on the leather seat, smiling.

"I can't even right now," I sigh to him. "Damian just tried to get behind the wheel of my car."

Mark smirks. "I told you, you're gonna be fine. You seemed to get rid of him, unless he's standing unnoticed behind me." He swings his cane around behind him, hitting nothing but the pole connecting the car to the electric mesh on the ceiling.

I can't help but laugh at his attempt to cheer me up. "Thanks, Mark. I just- I don't know what to do with him. It's not like he's attacking me, but he's just being annoying now. I'm over it at this point."

At that moment, however, the bell rings for the cars to turn on, and the ride bursts into motion. Out of nowhere, Mark grabs the wheel, laughing maniacally, and steers us wildly around. Not seeing where he was going is just an advantage, because we smashed into literally anyone within a five foot radius. This just happened to include Damian, who was steering his car around with a scowl painting his face. His expression when Mark hit him head-on was priceless. (A/N: I went to Knotts Berry Farm after I wrote this and I went on the bumper cars with my mom... I told her I was gonna drive with my eyes closed 😂 It went interestingly 😂)

When the ride ended, I was laughing so hard that I nearly couldn't get out of the car. (A/N: Me too 😆) I didn't even mind that I hadn't gotten to drive the car at all, riding with Mark had been so fun. It made me think of a song, Champion Remix by Fall Out Boy and RM. One of the lines had said "What's wrong with the life of a passenger?"

Ah. I get you now. Being a passenger in the car was pretty fun. I highly doubt I would've had that much fun driving. That's totally going to be my motto now. I laugh at my own thoughts.

My train of though, however, was interrupted by Damian's appearance.

"Hey, why don't you watch where you're going next time? Oh, wait, sorry, you can't." His eyes flash angrily, but he has a hard smirk on his face.

"Come on, Mark," I say, shooting Damian an angry look. "Let's get away from this loser."

Mark nods, but suddenly Damian grabs the collar of my shirt, pulling me towards him. I yelp in pain as he tightens his grip, the collar of my shirt digging into my back and neck.

"What'd you call me, you little-" I hear a sharp sound, and Damian drops me, shocked. I'm just as shocked, looking up at him from the pier's wooden floor. Damian reaches up to touch his cheek, where a red mark remains from Mark's hand.

Mark just slapped him across the face. Oh no, is all I can think before Damian turns around, slowly, an expression of pure rage on his face.

"Mark!" I shout, and without even realising what I'm doing, I jump up, grabbing Damian's shirt and restraining him the best I can. "Go! Get away! Mark, go!"

Mark, the little idiot, doesn't listen to me, instead walking closer to Damian. Then he does the unthinkable. He reaches out, and somehow his hand grabs Damian's collar. I don't know where the accuracy came from, maybe it was just luck, but Mark pulls Damian towards him.