Explosive Shift Pt 1

"Please dad!"

"Not happening Jo so you can stop asking".

"But why".

"Why. Sweetheart police work is dangerous enough there's no way I'm putting you anywhere near that".

Jordan had a frown on her face. She wanted her father to stop treating her like a baby and let her grow up.

"So you want me to fail my project at school? That's the one thing you always taught me to do well at school. If I don't do this I'll fail".

Her current school project was to shadow someone on a job for 24 hours then do a report on what they wanna do when they grow up. Jordan has always wanted to follow in her father's footsteps to be a cop but being the overprotective father he is, he wasn't gonna let her anywhere near the cases they work. It was bad enough that she would get threatened from time to time just to get to her father. That alone was enough for the older father for him to put his foot down on the subject. He wasn't gonna let nobody hurt his little girl, if anybody were to ever harm his baby that would be the end to their life once and for all.

The young girl then had an idea pop in her head. "Dad if you won't let me follow you guys could I possibly follow Casey and the guys on a couple of their calls? Please I promise to stay out of the way".

"Their job is just about as dangerous as mine".

Jordan then used her famous puppy dog look, she knew her father couldn't resist. Everyone who she used it on has eventually caved. Anyone she used it on has fallen victim to it. Hank would glance over at his young daughter but kept his eyes on the road he was slowly losing against his little girl. Jordan was the only person who could get Hank to do anything beside his bosses. Finally after a few more minutes of the look the older father caved.

"I'll talk to Chief Boden about it but don't expect any promises".

"Can we do it now?"

"I guess we could".

"Thank you dad".

"You're welcome sweetheart".

As the father and daughter drove to the firehouse Hank had mixed emotions the entire time, a firefighter's job was just about as dangerous as his job. He didn't want his daughter anywhere near that. He'd be on edge the entire time he didn't wanna get a phone call saying something had happened to her on one of the calls he trusted everyone at 51 to care for his little girl it would be the nature of the call he didn't like. The stories from the calls alone was enough to cause Hank's stomach to do flip flops.

They had finally arrived at the firehouse when Casey had seen the two he went over to them. "Hank, Jo". He greeted the father and daughter.

"Hi Matt". Jordan greeted the Lieutenant.

"Hey Matt is Boden in?" Hank says.

"Yeah he's in his office". Matt replied.

"Thanks".

The father and daughter headed inside, Hank looked down to his daughter. "Jo go wait in the common room with the others".

"I wanna come with you though".

"I promise to get you after we come to a decision".

"Alright".

She then skipped off to the common room, the rest of the house and saw the father and daughter there. They figured Hank was dropping Jordan off then heading back to work but just as Jordan entered the room Hank had gone to Boden's office.