Part 4

3 days after the phone call, Charra was waiting nervously for the call to say that her sister had arrived. She was so nervous, although she wasn't exactly sure why, maybe because this was the first time she'd seen her sister in the flesh for at least a year.

She had tried to focus on regressing and shaping Jace, but she just couldn't concentrate so she just paced back and forth. Suddenly her scroll buzzed, it was her sister, Eona. She quickly tapped the answer call button and Eona's face appeared onscreen. "Hi Charra. I'm just on the outskirts could you come pick me up, I don't know how your guards will react. "It's fine.", said Charra, hearing the sigh from the other end, "Really Sis. I'll be there in a couple minutes." "Alright see you here."

Charra hung up and quickly pulled her overskin up over her body. She walked down from her chamber into the main hall of her 'apartments'. Outside her room, the decor was reversed, instead of mostly human, here it was mostly Rakashi, amd that meant brilliant chitin-growth spines which interlocked on the walls, forming Mandala-like patterns, and the light in here came not from electric bulbs, but from globules of an extremely bioluminescent semisolid, the Rakashi called Karshech. (poetic for: blobs of glowing goo)

She walked through the chitinous door, which retracted into the walls, revealing the central 'square' of the upper hive, marked by the column with the figure of N'Karsh, a  brave Rakashi general who sacrificed humself to protect the Hive.

She continued down through the various levels of the hive, wishing she could have grown wing biomorphs  and flown down, but because of her pregnancy she couldn't risk it, so instead she walked. She soon reached the Hive's main entrance. She continued past the guards, who bowed as she went past, until she got to the end of the 'road' where her sister was standing.

They ran towards eachother and hugged. They would look almost exactly the same if not for Charra's Rakashi Mutations. They were the closest siblings out tof the 10 children in the family, Eona was only a year or so older than Charra after all.

"Sooo..", said Eona, looking Charra up and down, "You're looking well, if a bit Alien Queen." Charra laughed. "Thanks, you are too. Umm did you bring the clothes?" "Of course I did. So are we gonna leave later today?" "Yeah, do you know if they'll move it into the hive or do I have to get some Rakashi to do it?"asked Charra. Eona thought about this for a minute. "Well if we pay them enough, they probably will.", she replied. "Now let's go and get you ready."

They walked up back to Charra's chambers, as Eona looked in awe of the Hive. "Absolutely amazing.", she said, "I'm impressed now let's get to the bathroom.", she said almost dragging Charra over to the bathroom and sitting her down on the chair,. "Now, little Sister. Could you please remove the thing you have on."

Charra blushed, "You haven't seen me naked since I was 17.", Eona smiled wickedly. "Well now I'm going to see you naked again.", she said.

Charra sighed and retracted her overskin, she was quite beautiful with  slightly bronze skin underneath the leathery armour of the overskin with larger than average breasts.

She sat down on the chair as her sister got the clothes out the bag. There was a beatiful silver satin dress with curling embroidery on it. The turban was of a saphire blue synthsilk. "First things first, your dreadlocks, this might hurt a little.", Said Eona and pulled one of Charra's locks slightly to see how bendy it was, it was actually, surprisingly flexible and with some hot water, Eona managed to coiffe it into a suitable weave to fit under the turban, which she then tied on. They managed to get the dress on, luckily the lower part of the dress was a bit loose so as to make room for Charra's pregnant belly. Eona applied sime make-up and held up a mirror for her to see. Charra gasped and hugged her sister. After informing Sekrekh and her handmaidens of wherre they were going, they left the hive and boarded Eona's SkAIcar. They drowve the 70 Kilometres to Vessicon and parked just outside Snowflake Infant, the system's no. 1 Baby Design and Care department store.

Once they got in a concierge was witing to greet them, she was a paetite auburn haired woman, dressed in a whit blouse and Pantsuit. She gave them a tour of the store and then led them to the various individual departments. After 3 hours, and around 2300 Credits later they had ordered 1 Plush snow deluxe crib, several chairs, a changing table, a rocking chair, some toys and an adorable unique little snow fox stuffie. After some talk and making sure that neither the concierge nor records would show they irdered the stuff delivered to the hive, they then went to Eona's mansion, which wasn't too far away from the store.

After they arrived they got out the SkAIcar. "Sooo... would you like to get in the jacuzzi? It's supposed t be really soothing for pregnancy.", "Sure thing.", replied charra and they went to the balcony's Jacuzzi. Charra found herself relaxing and some of the dtiffness leaving her. After about an hour she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen and gasped. "What is it Charra?", asked Eona, as Charra's face contorted in pain. "I...I think my water just broke!", gasped Charra. Eona reacted like the trained midwife she was and helped Charra get to her feet and limp to the SkAIcar. She quickly tied the turban around Charra's waist like a skirt and got her own clothes on. "Stay calm and breathe, now yoi said you had handmaidens right? Send them a Psionic message, so they can prepare.", Charra nodded and did so as they drove over the speed limit to the hive.

Through her sister's calm words, Charra managed to control her breathing(to the best of her abilities). Until they got to the hive, luckily, her handmaidens were there and had already prepared the dais for the birth.

Charra pushed and pushed and breathed and breathed, the 8 hours seemed to pass in mere minutes, as Charra struggled to push Jace out.

After exactly 8 hours 4 minutes and 14 seconds, Jace was reborn.

He was now slightly smaller than the average 18 month old, and his formely blonde hair, was now interatrewn with antennae-dreadlocks just like his mothers. There were were more distinct ridges along his back and once Eona handed him to Charra and he opened his eyes, Charra fell in love all over again.

Finally done with the chapter after 1135 words, which is just shy of the first essay I wrote for my certificate. Anyway I hope you've enjoyed it, Ivhave absolutely no idea when the next chapter will be, it will definetely not be 1000+ words long.

~Hetep the Brit~