Chapter One: Tattoos and Coffee

A small Starbucks in the city and the next thing you know you meet the love of your life; At least that's what many people think, but have never experienced for themselves. Hello, my name is Hunk Garrett and I've seen it happen with my very own eyes by the experience of my friend. Let's shed a little background on the story I am about to share with you; We live in a city like any other, except it is famous for travelers from across the world. We live in Los Angeles, California; This story is about my friend Lance McClain, barista for Starbucks, finding his soulmate. Let's begin, shall we?

POV 3rd

Lance was starting his day, placing in his earbuds, and he began to make the walk to the Starbucks; It seemed like any other day to him, making lattes and shaking teas, until the town's latest mystery rode to the store on his motorcycle. Keith Kogane, a recent transfer from Texas was a freelance tattoo artist who owned his own tattoo parlor on the South side of town. Lance had been dancing along to the Latin music playing from the speakers while doodling on cups. He placed the Cinnamon Dolce Frappuccino in the order slot and walked back to the register; Keith had walked up to a counter and waited for Lance to ask him for his order. Lance was stunned and managed to stammer out "H-hello and Welcome to Starbucks. M-my name is Lance, what can I get you today?" Keith chuckled "I'll take a Grande Caffè Mocha with soy milk and no whipped cream and a plain croissant." Lance punched in his order and totaled his cost "Alright that will be $13.78 please." Keith handed him the money and stood off to the side; Allura walked in and stood next to Lance "You know they don't pay you for standing around and staring at some eye candy~" Lance blushed even more "Very funny 'llura." "Get back to work Lance." Lance went and brewed the Caffè Mocha, doodling Keith's name onto the lid of the cup including his number and a UFO doodle before calling out after getting the croissant; "I have a Caffè Mocha no whipped cream with soy milk and a plain croissant for Keith!" Keith walked to the counter and Lance said smoothly, "You should really call me sometimes sweetcakes, my number is on the lid~" he winked as Keith's face turned red and he nodded his head then walked out of the store. Allura had heard their exchange while draining one of the machines and she chuckled; "Smooth moves tailor~" Lance turned red again "Like you did any better when Lotor-" Before he finished his sentence, Allura was already blushing "Well at least I got married before you. And this marks the end of my shift see you tomorrow Lance." Lance waved to Allura as she walked to Lotor's car. Lance then looked out the window until his phone went off and there was a text that said "Hey cutie from the Barista bar, you have earned my artistic interest. The name's Keith, don't wear it out." Lance couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day, and it lasted till he walked home to start talking with him.

Lance McClain: Nice to meet you Keith, and no promises of not wearing your name out, ;). My name is Lance if you didn't catch it on the nametag. How about we get to know each other more on our date tomorrow, does the retro diner sound nice?

Keith Kogane: Sounds great, should we meet there or would you like to be your quite charming self and pick me up~?

Lance McClain: I'll be there at 7:00 pm sharp darlin'~

Keith proceeded to give Lance the address to where he would be and laid in his bed, his hair falling gently down onto the pillow. How had this happened? He was just getting a coffee and all of a sudden he had a date tomorrow night, not to mention with the prettiest boy he's ever laid eyes on. He decided to change Lance's name on his phone.

"Ocean Eyes A.K.A Lance"

~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~

Hiya guys Kane here with a Klance fan fiction; This will be the first story I've written with someone else, and also a story based on an alternate universe of a TV series. I think it may be time to introduce you all to my partner for this project; Everyone say hi to my good friend and partner Simon. You guys can help by leaving suggestions in the comments; Also If there are fights in the comments, Simon and I will not hesitate to postpone writing the story till the conflict is resolved. We hope you enjoy this story and happy reading!!!