Chapter 2: The First Date

The Next Day; Time: 6:30PM

Agreeing on being casual, Lance threw on a clean,white, short sleeved nasa shirt with a denim jacket. The denim jacket had a patch reading "Space Explorer", all of it was topped off with blue jeans, some high top converse sneakers, and his signature smile. Which, by the way, didn't leave his face as he drove all the way to the address Keith had given him. Keith on the other hand, he had a red flannel over top of a plain gray t-shirt. He wore black jeans, held up with a belt, the bottom tucked into his combat boots. His hair was straightened and silky soft, pulled up into a slightly messy, but very handsome bun; yet he let his bangs hang down and dance softly in the slight breeze. It was mid-July, and the summer nights were full with soft, welcoming breezes and a cooler but not too cold of a temperature, it was just right. Keith stood outside his apartment building, he could feel his roomate, well technically his brother, Shiro watch him from the window. Shiro knew Keith had a date, he actually gave him a very cheesy prep talk, but Keith never really put his hair up unless it was for something really special, so obviously Shiro was curious. Soon enough a baby blue pickup truck pulled up in front of Keith and parked, the cuban barista Keith met the day before hopped out. He really had arrived at 7:00pm Sharp.

"What's cookin' good lookin'~?" Lance chuckled, opening the passenger side door for Keith to get into.

"Hopefully something good at the diner, dork~" Keith returned the chuckle and smiled, thanking Lance while getting into the car.

Lance blushed a light pink and closed the door behind Keith before getting in the driver side and starting the engine, "You can turn on the radio if you would like Keith." Lance smiled softly and began driving towards the diner.

Keith nodded, "I-It's really okay, your voice is actually quite soothing and nice to listen too." Shit, did he really just say that? Was that weird? Keith yelled at himself in his head, "I-I mean," Keith tried to think of something and instead covered his face with his hands, blushing furiously. "Forget it." He mumbled.

Lance giggled, "Keith, don't worry. I like your voice too." He reassured, about 10 minutes later Lance pulled into the parking lot of the retro diner.

Soon enough Lance escorted Keith into the diner and they got a booth, sitting across from each other they ordered their dinner and started talking.

"So, Keith. What do you like to do?" Keith looked up "I like draw and create tattoos. I have my own parlor." Lance blushed "A tattoo artist, huh? I didn't expect it but at the same time I'm not very surprised." Lance grinned.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Keith asked playfully but he actually wanted to know.

"Well, you're basically a badass, you can pull off a modern mullet, you wear cool skinny jeans, leather jackets, you're absolutely stunning so I'm sure you're an excellent artist."

Keith chuckled "Really, and I had thought my looks wouldn't have given my profession away."

Lance blushed lightly again and chuckled as the waiter took their orders and then walked to the back to the kitchen. Lance heard his phone chime.

"I-I'm really sorry, I know it's not gentleman-like to go on your phone during a date." Lance started to sweat as his shaky hands got the phone out of his pocket and silenced it before shoving it back in. "Sorry again" he said, blushing a deeper red.

Keith smiled softly, Cute he thought to himself. "Don't even worry about it."

Lance smiled and was almost instantly reassured, "Thank you."

1 hour later 7:30pm

The ride was bumpy and the sun was starting to set, making the clouds a nice purple-pink color, and of course that reflected off of the beautiful baby blue that was the truck.

"Hey that was really good, and thank you for paying, you really shouldn't ha-" Keith was cut off by Lance's words

"Ah ah ah, I insisted, stop thanking me, really. It was truly my pleasure, and to have such a handsome date was a plus." Lance winked and chuckled

And of course Keith blushed like he had all night, "Thank you." he giggled.

Lance playfully rolled his eyes as they pulled up to Keith's apartment building, he got out with Keith to say goodnight.

"Hey..." Lance started, rubbing the nape of his own neck, "I would really look to do this again sometime." he locked eyes with Keith and gave a small smile.

"I would too, Lance." Keith smiled softly, admiring how beautiful Lance was in the natural lighting.

Kiss him kiss him kiss him kiss him kiss him kiss him kiss him both boys thought

"M-may I kiss you?" Lance blurted out

Keith blushed a crimson red, "Y-yes, yes you may."

Both boys were a smiling mess, almost melting in puddles of joy, Lance leaned in and stopped in the middle, looking into Keith's eyes before closing the space between them and closing his eyes. Lance, as well as Keith, had a blast of emotion, it felt so good, so nice and warm and he was full of this warm feeling; love. He wanted more and more but ended up pulling away as slowly as he leaned in. Lance gave another sheepish smile. As for Keith, he looked away and covered his face with one hand, blushing wildly.

"You and your dumb pretty grin" he chuckled before looking back at Lance.

"Yeah I would really love to do this again sometime." he said, "We should hang out tomorrow, I'll text you." Keith smiled and turned, "Thank you for the great night, loverboy."

"Anytime darlin'." Lance responded and got back in his truck, waiting for Keith to safely get inside before leaving and going home.