22.lucas

˗ˏ clementineˎˊ˗

it was extremely difficult to keep my excitement to a minimum. my legs kept shaking and so did my hands. beating a hundred miles a minute, my heart felt like it would explode. i couldn't keep my feelings in.

"someone is a little excited." my mom pointed out as i sat by the door of our home.

"mom, voldemort isn't just a little noseless. he doesn't have a nose." i stated as i looked out the window.

"that doesn't make any sense." mom laughed as she sat next to me on the bench. she grabbed my hands so they would stop shaking.

"i'm not a little excited. i'm extremely excited, and nervous. is it hot in here?" i fanned myself with my shirt as my legs continued to shake like a hairless cat in winter.

"sweetie, i've met lucas before, he's so sweet. you have nothing to worry about." mom hugged me with her left arm and i leaned against her shoulder.

"i know, but i'm still nervous. what if he realizes i'm completely crazy and doesn't want to be with me anymore?"

"then he'd be an idiot because you are a hilarious girl who's absolutely brilliant and gorgeous." mom said kissing the side of my head.

"what about my fruit puns?" i perked an eyebrow.

"the best thing about you my lovely." she stood up with a bright smile. "go get 'em tiger."

"and you say i'm the weird one." i laughed as she began to dance back into the living room.

"i love you." she yelled to me from the other room.

"i love you too." i laughed.

"who do we love?" i heard someone yell from the other side of the door. being me i was about to scream with excitement.

i opened the door, my heart tightening in my chest, in a good way. "you know normal people knock."

lucas was standing in the door way with a smile. his hazel eyes bright and filled with warmth as he looked down at the flowers in his hand and then back up to me.

"and you're normal?" he asked while stepping into my home.

"touché." i laughed. "flowers?"

"chrysanthemum, for your mom because i remember you talking about how they're her favourite because it sounds like chris-and-the-mum." lucas said with a small laugh.

"she has an unhealthy obsession with chris'." i grabbed the flowers from him as he closed the door. together we walked towards the kitchen. "chris pine, chris hemsworth, chris pratt, chris evans, chris colfer, chris rock, she even married a chris, so you get the point."

"your family is great." lucas said as i grabbed a stool and dragged it towards the cabinets.

"we're weird." i state mater-of-factly. i put the stool down and climb onto it.

"what are you doing?" lucas asked as he moved to stand behind me.

"getting a vase for the flowers you got my mom," i grabbed the clear container that's too fancy for my lifestyle. "what are you doing?"