Part 5

You awake to the sound of birds song. Your eyes remain closed, causing your other senses to perk up. The first thing you notice is the light snoring coming from beside you, shortly followed by the slight weight across your waist. You force your eyelids to half open lazily. Diavals arm was still wrapped tight around you, his hot breath tingling the back of your neck. You try not to move, scared of waking him. You hear him mumble something that sounded remarkably similar to your name followed by what felt like a smile into your hair.

He was in his raven form rushing through the sky along side you, trying hard to match your pace. In his dream he could speak instead of just squwarking. He watched as you swirled high above the rest, your beautiful feathered wings blowing in the wind along with your hair. He pictured the smile on your face as you drag your fingers through the clouds, creating swirl in its surface.

"I love it Diaval!"

"I knew you would (f/n)!"

"You were right pretty bird! It is the best feeling in the world! Come on! Catch up!"

"I'm becoming an old bird! You see these grey feathers?!"

He joked as a smile grew across his face.

His eyes slightly open, welcoming him back to reality. From the lack of snoring you figured he must have woken up. You swivel under his arm and are met by his dark brown eyes.

"I am sorry, m'lady." Was the first thing he said. "I did not mean to invade one's personal space. It's just I was cold and you were warm and I just-"

"Shh pretty bird. It's okay." You whisper with a warm smile upon your lips. "You don't have to be sorry, I don't mind."

"Really?"

"Really." You smile with a nod. He hugs you close and then pulls his arm away.

"I do think we should find Aurora today."

"I think you're right."

You help each other stand before continuing on your way.

(Le time skip)

As you approached the small brick house you being to hear Aurora.

"That hatching has got quite a pair of lungs on her!" Diaval shouts over the baby's cries.

"You don't say!" You flick your fingers and Diaval transforms into his true form. "Get a closer look, see how well those fairies are doing at their job." The raven nods its head before flying towards the house and landing on a fence near the baby, meanwhile you watched from afar, hidden behind the trees. Smirking at the three fairies in the garden. 'Well,' You think to yourself. 'at least they're the right height now.'

"Why is she still crying?!" shouted one of the fairies.

"I don't know! I think she's hungry!"

"Then feed her!"

The youngest of the trio pulls a clump of carrots from the ground and throws them into the baby's basket, that is perched on a small wooden table. You see Diaval shake his head just before you face-palm at the pure stupidity radiating from the three guardians of Aurora.

Diaval watches for a little longer before flying back.

"They're going to kill her before she can speak at this rate." He said once you had transformed him.

"The poor thing, she's going to starve to death." You whisper

"The king really wasn't thinking." You nod your head in agreement and then sit on the ground. "What are you doing?" Diaval asks slowly lowering himself beside you.