-1-

I walked past row after row of nightmares, watching each one play and replay over and over. There were the obvious "Went To School Without Pants" "Falling Off A Cliff" and then there were others. The others interested me a bit more. They were extremely rare, and I always enjoyed seeing them after I made them. Some of these were the selfless: "Watching My Family Die" "Throwing Myself In Front Of Someone I Love To Save Them", but some were greedy: "Lost All My Money" "Forced To Speak To A Homeless Person"

Personally, I liked the selfish ones better. They were more relatable.

I then walked past the dreams section, which is the absolute worst. There everything's all sunshine and rainbows, and it's so bright in there. I hate walking past that section, but the good thing about it is there are very few of them. Nightmares are easy to sew. Dreams, on the other hand, cost a fortune, which is why I don't really make them much. What can I say, I'm a sadist. I walked out of the Dream Factory and went straight home, where my dog Ally was waiting for me. I grinned and patted her head. She's the only living organism on Earth with the power to make me happy. I poured her more food then went to sleep. It had been a busy shift.
· · ·

I jolted awake by myself, checked the time, and realised I was going to be late for work. I hurried and got clothes on, then briefly pet Ally and got on the bus to Dream Factory. Once there, I hurried to get to my station and start working.

"Hello?" A soft voice asked from behind me. I stood up hurriedly, clutching a pencil as use for my weapon. I was supposedly the only one here.

But behind me stood a tall boy, with one electric blue eye, the other pitch black.

"I just sterted work here. Name's Na Kawo Mutua, but most people just call me Na. It apparently means something in some language or the other, but I can't keep track of these things."

"Oh, that's... nice?" I said. I was still taken aback by his sudden appearance.

"Yeah. So. I just started, but I already know how everything works, so I'll just get started on dreams and you can do nightmares, shall we?"

"Yeah, su- wait, no, dreams are crazy expensive and they take a lot of effort," I said. Really I just didn't want him to make more dreams, as I loathe them myself, but he simply pulled out a huge wad of cash and grinned.

"Effort won't be a problem."

I frowned after he turned away. Who is this kid?