Finally A Couple

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. Wayne and I are a couple. My dad would finally be able to relax because Bryan would be taking his position. Life is great right now. Wayne laid in bed, flipping through the channels on the television.

"Good morning girlfriend," Wayne smiled.

"Good morning," I hugged him.

I then went into the bathroom and did my hygeine, throwing on some clothes. (Media)

When I went back inside of my room to put on lotion, Wayne got up and went into the bathroom.

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked.

"Maybe we could go to your family's house. We could break the news to them first." Wayne turned on the shower.

"Alright," I said, going downstairs to get something to eat. I really wasn't in the mood for cooking, so I just made a bagel for Wayne and me.

Once Wayne came downstairs in his fresh clothes, he wrapped his arms around me from behind and gave me small kisses on my neck.

"So what are we eating for breakfast?" He asked, removing his arms from my waist.

"Bagels," I said, handing him one.

"You're so lazy. I'm going to die with your cooking. Wait, you don't even cook!" Wayne joked.

I threw the paper towels at him. He caught it, though.

"Paper towels, huh?" He laughed, putting them back on the counter.

Once he got closer, I smacked him in the back of the head. "I do cook,"

"I want some of your cooking then. Promise to cook dinner tonight, bae." Wayne said, sitting back down to eat his bagel.

"Alright," I joined him at the table, taking a bite of my bagel.

After breakfast, Wayne and I went to the car, and he drove us to my parents' house.

Once we got there, we saw Bryan's car in the driveway. I guess Bryan would be hearing the good news too.

I rang the door bell once we got to the top step. About a minute later, my mom opened the door.

"Nicki! Wayne!" She exclaimed, giving us both a hug.

"Hey, Dad's home?" I asked, going inside the house.

"Bryan and him are downstairs in the basement. He's going over the basics of the government and all that stuff." She replied.

"Thanks," I replied, going downstairs to the basement. I saw my dad explaining some confidential evidence to Bryan. I cleared my throat, and they immediately stopped talking.

"Hey dad. Hey Bryan." I said, continuing downstairs.

"Hey Nick," They both said.

"Can I have a small family meeting upstairs?" I asked.

"Nicki, we're kind of busy," My dad said.

"Please. Pretty please. It'll be short. I promise." I pleaded. My dad never went to a family meeting. He was always "too busy." I really wanted him to go to this one, though.

"I'm sorry Nicki, but I'll talk to you later about it. Alright?" He asked.

I let out a sigh. "Fine,"

I walked back upstairs, disappointed that even after 28 years of life, my dad still wouldn't participate in family meetings. That he didn't have a problem with telling his only daughter no to almost everything.