🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 ⑥③ - The Girl Behind The Mask

Though I was anxious about exams, they went peacefully. I was still smart enough to do well.

When it was finally time for our graduation party, Sky was super excited about going shopping and getting the cutest dresses ever but mom had other plans. She invited us to her workspace and showed us the most dazzling dresses ever.

We spent the day trying on dresses and adjusting them until it was perfect.

Sky's dress was black at the top and faded into white as it went down. It was tight at the waist and flared down complementing her small waist. The long sleeves along with the knee length of the dress made her look super cute. The dress was freckled with tiny flowers that accumulated near the end of the dress. She looked like she was out of a fairytale.

Mine was a long fitted dark purple almost black dress that sparkled and simmered under the light. It had a slit starting at my thigh which complimented my legs. It was an off-shoulder dress making it look even more magical with the right accessories, I felt like a princess.

I had a crazy idea but I decided to keep it a surprise...

On the day of graduation, as I stepped into the school grounds, I was in love. The decorations were so elaborate, it was absolutely amazing. I headed to the bleachers which were filled with the crowds.

Everyone had their robe on making it look even more real. I spotted Ron waving at me from afar and I grinned in return. Mom and my troublesome siblings were also there clapping and cheering on when my name was finally called.

The principal handed me the certificate wishing me good luck I smiled before walking off the stage to my seat. It was so surreal, I couldn't believe it.

Names after names were called until everyone had received their certificate. The principal then said there was a surprise while I excused myself to use the washroom.

I went to the bathroom taking off my black lenses, putting on the mask. That was my cue to get out there. I got on stage for the second time today taking off my robe. "Hellooo there!" I said loudly with so much excitement. I missed this thrill.

Maybe I wasn't perfect or complete...

The crowd of seniors screamed making me grin like a Cheshire cat. Oh just wait!

But I had people who loved me...

And together we can overcome anything.

Yes, I wasn't the best character ever. Yes, I let my insecurities get the best of me making people around me suffer, but I know now I could be a better person.

"I have a special surprise for you. Who wants to know!!" Again the roar was so loud making adrenaline run through my whole body. In one swift move, I throw my mask away. "I'd like you to call me Elena from now on."

Maybe that wasn't the happy ending of my story but rather my new beginning.

My fresh start!

And that was my story.

The girl behind the mask.

an://Thank you guys for reading this story till the end!

I still don't know if I'm gonna do a sequel or not but we'll see in time!

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!!

Love you all!!!

I wouldn't have done it without your love and support 😍😍😍