chapter one

I was at Sammy's house the day the storm hit we were playing halo and eating Pringles, I didn't even noticed the storm until Sammy paused the game and looked out the window, Ohh wait I'm marc by the way short skinny guy with a retarded smile yeah that's me. anyway Sammy was my best friend he and I liked each other from the moment we started discussing star wars, well it looks bad out there he mumbled I looked up being Texas, rain and strong winds were uncommon he looked at me, I think you need to go home he whispered. okay that's cool, I jumped down from his bed and grabbed my backpack see Ya man I called over my shoulder. I walked outside to my bike and got on, my house was about a half mile from Sammy's so I rode in silence for a while when I got home I looked out the big windows in my living room to see a giant twister about twenty miles from my front porch. my dad ran out and grabbed me by the arm and we ran down to our basement, my mom and dog were there with blankets and pillows with flashlights and battery operated digital clocks. we sat for hours and around ten I fell asleep. when I woke up the sun was bright over my head, then I thought wait I shouldn't be able to see the sun, what the...? I got up and looked around our house was gone, everything we ever owned was gone the only thing we had left were ourselves the dog and a few possessions we brought to the basement. Well, dad walked up behind me i guess we have to go live with someone for a while, yeah how about grandpa? well marc I'll call him if we have any reception. I walked around, I found one of my old stuffed animals in a patch of grass, I picked it up and slid it into my pocket. dad walked into town to call grandpa and get supplies, the tornado apparently didn't hit town because dad came back with a rental car and breakfast tacos. we sat and ate in silence, well I called granpa said dad breaking the quiet, he said we can come up to live with him as soon as we finished our tacos. I was sitting in the back of the car with max my dog (I know cliche dog name but I was five) and staring out the window, we were about two hours from grandpa when I saw storm clouds start to gather, it started to poor but we kept driving. we got to granpa's house around eight pm, we got out and huged him he was happy to see us but looked strangely tired, well I cooked dinner he choked out, we are having ham burgers! we sat down to eat and thanked grandpa, I inhaled my burger and milk shake as I steadily grew tired I excused myself and went to bed. I woke up to loud screams, I jumped up and ran out to see mom leaning over somthing and sobbing, I looked over grandpa was on the ground blood trickled out of his lips.