Sixteen

WARNING ⚠️
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DISTURBING SCENES AND CONTENT
The hallway seemed to be clear of doctors that were paying attention to anything other then their current tasks. These doctors didn't seem to be very good at multitasking, although that's just and assumption, but I couldn't help it. Assuming things about people was the way I had grown up, due to the way my father is. I bit the inside of my cheek and licked the wound the bite left, and ended up tasting my own blood, but it was a taste I had recognized, due to the fact that I had been tasting it for years because of the punches that would hit my mouth, or the occasional time when I was eating that I would miss the food and chew right through the flesh of my mouth. I eventually walked out the door, and was greeted by warm air to my surprise.

~

I reluctantly opened the door, and my father stomped towards me.

"Where the hell have you been?" My father snapped as he pulled me my my hair away from the front door and window.

"At the hospital." I spat.

"Now why were you there?" My father was being nice in a sarcastic way. I hated that. This was evidenced by his tone, which contained sarcasm, mixed with some fake sweet sounding shit.

"Get to work." My dad said, not even asking why I was at the hospital. Some dad he is.

I swallowed hard and stood up confidently.

"No." I answered in a snappy tone.

"What the hell did you just say?"

"You heard me."

"Take that back." His voice was yelling, but he was failing to scare me.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore!" I shouted so loud it woke up my little sister who was sleeping on the couch, causing her to cry in fear.

I didn't care. I didn't care about anyone anymore. What's happening to me?

"Look what you did!" My dad snapped, referring to me waking up my little sister by my yelling.

"I don't care. She has caused me so much pain over the years, everything is to blame on her! I'm put in the back seat to a damn baby and I'm done now! It's all bullshit and she has the good life so I think that she can handle not having perfect sleep." I started laughing. But my dad wasn't.

"Aura what the hell?" My dad was so angry, but I kept on laughing. I laughed at my sisters tears and my dad's anger, which was failing to scare me.

"All her fault dad." I said and pointed to the baby on the couch.

"No it's your fault you worthless bitch."

"She's the worthless one." I kept laughing insanely as I made my sister seem like a pice of dog poop that the owner left behind.

"Aura your walking in thin ice." My dad clenched his teeth as he warned me.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore dad."

My dad reached into his back pocket, and pulled out a small bottle.

"I've had it with you." My dad grunted and stomped over to me as he opened the bottle. He tried to pour it on me, but I slapped it away and it fell onto my sisters face.

"AURA THATS POISON! TAKE IT OFF TAKE IT OFF!" I liked the sight of my dad panicking as I refused to clean my sister up.

"YOU WERE TRYING TO KILL ME DAD! SO NO! NEVER!"

My dad hissed at me like he was turning into a vampire. But he was still a human who was now powerless against me. The poison made it look like my sisters skin was boiling, and my dad's skin looked like it was going to light on fire.

"Come with me." My dad dragged me out the door, and I could feel fear creeping through my mind, but I ignored it.

"Dad where am I going?" I said loudly to cover the sound of my mom's screams that were heard from inside my house.

My dad brought me into the car, and locked it. He kept one hand on my arm in a tight grip, and he used his other hand to call someone on his phone.

I screamed as loud as I could, but my dad slapped a hand over my mouth to shut me up as he kept talking on the phone. I tried to say even just a squeak, but it just came out like "baby talk" aka "basically saying total bullshit". My dad hung up the phone, and took his hand off my mouth, but his hand was still on my arm in a tight grip.

"I'm sending you away." My dad snapped.

"DAD!"

"You killed my daughter. I didn't raise a murderer."

"Bullshit."

My dad punched me in the side of the head.

"You're not my daughter." My dad opened the car door, but shut it like he knew I was going to try to escape. I've never been an escape artist, but my dad must have noticed that there might have been an opportunity. My dad came back with two guys.

"Aura. You're coming with us." They said at the same time.

"Sure. But only to get out of this hell hole." I grumbled and hopped out of the car. The two guys handcuffed me, and lead me to a van.

~

"Aura we're here!" The men grunted at me to wake me up from sleeping. They grabbed me by the arms, and showed me where my new home would be.

"I'm going to an insane asylum? I don't belong here." I challenged.

"You're dad told us what you did. Welcome to your new home."

My dad has abused me forever. He's crazy, but I'm not.

"I'M NOT CRAZY!" I shouted.

They ignored me and continued to lead me in, but I put up a fight. I kicked and screamed, but they just pulled me in.

"I'm not crazy I'm not crazy." I protested as they lead me down the stairs. They threw me in a cell and locked it, and I sobbed, only hearing the echoes. I sat down on the bed, and held the pillow to my chest.

"I'm not crazy."