Six - Speaking with Watson

Sooooo a fabulous thanks to mah bestest bitch @B-O-R-E-D-1-2-3 she's my editor and she designs all my covers for my books.
This was originally her acc but I stole it and she made a new one😂

Y/N P.O.V

I covered my face in fake shock as Jim was given no charges and the jury decided he was innocent.
Dr. John Watson sat next to me and he looked fuming with rage. He would probably go back and report everything to his little boyfriend, however Jim would be there first.
Everything was falling into place nicely and Sherlock Holmes would be dead soon enough.
I'm just surprised he hasn't figured it out yet. The great Sherlock Holmes can't see the simplest solutions. It's quite pitiful actually.

"I can't believe it." John muttered and I took a deep breath as he turned to me.
"Why are they letting him walk free?" Jim turned and looked at me as I hid my smirk.

"I-I don't know." I whispered in mock fear.
"But I don't feel safe with that monster on the streets." My voice was a little louder and I knew Jim could hear me.
The doctor looked at me in surprise.

"W-Well you're always welcome to give me a call." He stuttered nervously and everything seemed to get 10 times better as he pulled out a piece of paper with a phone number on it.
"I'm John, John Watson." He held out his hand and I shook it, quickly attempting to come up with an alias.

"Y/N." Shit, that failed.
"Y/N Jameson." Wow, could I have come up with a more obvious name?

"Well Y/N it was nice meeting you, but I have to get beck to my... flat mate." Boyfriend. I nodded my hand and shot him my biggest smile, causing him to blush slightly as he walked away.
I gripped the number with an evil smirk across my face.
Jim never said I couldn't side track a little.

~Skip cause I'm very much lazy~

I stared at my phone in disbelief.
The text was simple and to most people it would be meaningless, a simple 'see you later', but no.

Y/N, stick to the plan.
I will be back, just not anytime soon.
Don't believe anything they say, the press, it's all lies.
I love you.
-JM x

A single tear fell down my face and I quickly wiped it away and turned on the TV. He had been missing for the last week and this just confirmed my suspicions.
'Sherlock Holmes dead.'
'Famous detective jumps off roof.'
'Holmes is dead.'
I groaned and threw the remote at the wall. It's been a whole week and this is all still on TV?
The plan worked, but not how it was supposed to. Sherlock Holmes is dead and judging by the text, James Moriarty is dead too. Or pretending to be anyway.

"Ha, I promised myself I'd never cry over a guy." I mumbled to myself, wiping away a few tears that had fallen.
I pulled out my phone and stuck to it was a piece of paper.
My eyes widened when I realised it was Watson's number that he had given me.
I dialled the number and the phone began to ring. It was at this point I realised that I had no idea what to say or do.

"H-Hello?" John's sad voice spoke into the phone.
"Who- who is this?" He sounded just as broken as I felt and I took a shaky breath.

"It's Y/N, from... we met in court." I said quietly and there was an awkward silence on the other end and I had an idea.
"I googled you and I'm sorry to hear about, you know." I made my voice sound awkward and he sighed.

"He- He's dead. There's nothing anyone can do. His funeral was yesterday." I cringed, actually feeling slightly bad for him.

"I heard he was a great man." I said calmly and John sighed again.
"Ha, coincidentally on the same day my husband, Jim, died." WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!

"J-Jim?" He asked almost in fear and I internally screamed. I should really use aliases more often.

"Y-Yeah. Jim Jameson. He died in an accident abroad." He let out a shaky breath.
"Umm, I know it's sudden, but do you want to get coffee?" I suggested and there was another awkward silence.

"S-Sure." He whispered into the phone and I couldn't help but smirk.
The game is on, Jim, it's a shame you're going to miss it.