Emily Wright

"Happy Birthday Emily!!!"
I jumped out of my bed as I heard someone screaming that in my ear.
I looked up and saw Timothy, my brother who was two years older than me, smiling and laughing as he looked down at me(photo above).
"Tim, you asshole!!! You nearly gave me a heart attack!!!" I yelled as I stood up and pushed him off my bed.
He fell against my wooden floor while still laughing like an idiot. "Aw come on little sis. I was just telling you a 'Happy Birthday!' since it is yours today."
"I'm only turning fourteen." I muttered as I walked to my closet.
"Remember, mom and dad is gone for the day, so I'll be watching over you."
I let out a sigh and turn towards him, "Okay, now can you get out? I have to change."
With that, he stood up and rubbed my head, then left my room.

I changed my clothes and pulled my long,brown hair into a braid

I changed my clothes and pulled my long,brown hair into a braid. I headed downstairs and smelt the delicious scent of cinnamon rolls being made.
There in the kitchen stood Tim with two rolls, one for me and one for him.
He was wearing his favorite outfit with his hair messy to the side.

"Hey Tim,what do you want to do today?" As I asked, he started coughing and spitting some blood

As I asked, he started coughing and spitting some blood.
"TIM!!!" I yelled as I ran towards him. Helping him to his room, he couldn't stop breathing heavily and coughing as I layed him down.
He's been getting worse everyday.
I thought to myself as I placed him down and check his temperature. "Looks like I'm watching you today"
I said as a joke, earning a light chuckle from him as he drifted off to sleep.
I wish I can take the suffering from you and keep it as my own, so I can finally see that smile that lights our family's heart.
I thought as I kissed his forehead and left his room.
I decided to stay at home and help my brother.
~Time skip~
I heard some stumbling upstairs, so I went up to Tim's room to check on him.
As I entered the room,I saw everything spread all over the floor.
Drawings of a circle with an x were spread on the floor, blood splattered on the bed sheets, clothes gone.
A cold breeze flew by as I saw the window open. Running to it, I poked my head out to see if he was outside,but he wasn't
"TIMOTHY!!!PLEASE, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!"
My voice was breaking as tears rolled down my face.
I heard footsteps coming to the room. It was my parents.
"Emily?!? Where's your brother?!?"
asked my dad as my mom tries and comfort me.
I started crying even more.
"I d-d-d-don't k-k-know"
was all that came from my mouth.
Soon enough, my father left to get the police involved and my mother joined him, leaving me in my brother's room.
My one and only  prayer came to my mind.
Please come back, Timothy.