GA 14: Margins

Narrow left margin: a narrow left margin may indicate that the writer is attached more to his past than to his future and that his past could be having an effect on his future decision making.

Also put in mind that the hand writing sample might be referring to the current state of mind of the writer. This means that the writer could be a little hesitant while writing this sample instead of being attached to the past.

Wide Left margin: a wide left margin indicates that the writer may not be much attached to his past and that he could leave it behind and continue moving.

On the other hand this could mean that the writer is about to take certain risks and that he is not afraid to take them. That's why i said earlier that its important to look at all the elements in a writing sample together instead of looking at separate features.

Wide right margin: a wide right margin indicates that the writer may be to take a future step as he may still be making his mind about it.

it could also indicate that this person fears taking risks by nature, in other words, this might be a part of his personality.

  Narrow right margin: a narrow right margin indicates that the writer may be willing to take a forward step and that he may not be experiencing uncertainties at that period of his life.  

The Balance :If the person left margins of a balanced size then this means that he is a balanced person when it comes to risk taking and being attached to the past.