Fairy Tail

A/N; The beginning might sound like Railgun in Fairytail, (Which you should totally read), but the plot is completely different. Just so you know. Yes, it's in another dimension, and yes, Rin is mistaken for a wizard, and yes, Rin and has been is Fiore for a bit before Fairy Tail comes along, but I promise those are pretty much the only similarities.

A boy with blue-black hair was walking through a small market town. He had a red sleeve over his back, slightly pointed ears, and was dressed in a strange get up, by Fiore standards. He wore a white shirt, a neck tie, a black jacket, along with black slacks.

Rin Okumura was lost. About a month ago, he had woken up in this strange country with no memory of how he got there. He remebered his past like, but this world was.... strange, to say the least. For one thing, the closest thing to electricity was a train. However, there was one thing Rin found interesting, this country, Fiore, was abundant in magic.

The town Rin was currently in was called Magnolia. How did he know, you ask? Well, he may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but he could read the ginormous sign that said, 'Welcome to Magnolia Town'.

Rin looked around. As said before, this was a market town. There were many stores surrounding him, but he didn't have any money, or whatever they called it in this place.

"Well, hello there." Rin swiveled his head to see five tall, muscualr men, gathering around a young women with bright red hair. She had her head down, so Rin couldn't see her face. One of the men spoke again.

"You shuld come with us." he purred. "It'll be fun." Annoyance pulsed through Rin, and he stomped over to the group, His hand reaching behind him to pull out his sword from the sleeve.

"Hey!" he yelled, causing the men to turn around. "Get away from her!" The tallest man smirked.

"I would walk away, before I don't let you." he sneered. Rin's eyes blazed, and he took out Kurikara*, his sword, from it's sheath. Immeaditely, Rin and his sword were surrounded by blue flames. Rin's ears grew longer and more pointed, and his pupils turned red and formed into cat-like slits. He bared his teeth, which had grown considerably sharper.

"I said get away from her!" he roared, before jumping at the men. He slashed his sword at the tallest, and the blade cut his shoulder, leaving a deep gash. The man screamed in pain before throwing a punch at Rin's face. he ducked, before slicing his sword across his leg. The man cursed, before stepping back.

"This isn't worth it, you stupid kid." he snarled, before turning and limping away. The other four followed him, looking at Rin with fearful faces. Rin put his sword back in it's sheath. The blue flames dissipated, and his eyes and ears turned back to their normal shape, as did his teeth. Suddenly, he felt a blade scross his throat.

"What was that, Gray?" the girl with red hair hissed, her brown eyes blazing. Rin flashed his eyes up at her, confusion in the blue orbs.

"What was that?" he asked, shocked. "It was called helping you, thank you very much!" He paused. "And who the heck is Gray?"

She frowned. "Sorry, you look alot like Gray." she muttered. "And anyway, I didn't need help." she added with a grumble. "I could of taken care of those morons by myself." Rin sighed, realizing he probably shouldn't be rude to the lady holding a sword to his neck.

"I'm sorry for trying to save you." he said through gritted teeth. "Please forgive me." The girl removed the sword, and Rin turned around to look at her. She had silver armor over her torso, along with a blue skirt and black boots. Her brown eyes looked at him thoughtfully.

"What kind of magic was that?" she asked. "It looked like take-over." Rin paused. He'd heard that magic users got to join a guild, therefore getting a place to stay. And Rin could use one of those. Sleeping on the ground every night wasn't very comfortable.