Chapter 20 : The Slick Flick Carnival

Part 2: Chahe tum kuch naa kaho, maine sun liya (when you don't say anything, I will have heard it already).

Chapter 20: The Slick Flick Carnival.

Akshara
'Remind me again, why we all had to cram up in one single car instead of two!' I screamed, as the car went over a hump and someone ended up stamping my foot again.

'Because, Karthik's mom didn't let him use the car because he crashed it the last time.' Vismaara said, glaring at Karthik. 'Stupid Karthik. Don't even know how to drive.' I muttered. We went over another hump, and this time my head bumped the roof of the car.

'Remind me again, why I agreed to sit on your lap Akshay?' I glared at Akshay who innocently smiled at me. 'Because you're the most comfy here?' he said. 'No, because I thought I wouldn't bounce that much on your legs. But turned out, you're even more bumpier than this road, you moron.' I said, turning with great difficulty to glare at him.

It was like this:

In the front seat, Raghav was driving. Next to him, Ryan and Vismaara sat. Vismaara on Ryan's lap. (at least someone's enjoying the car ride)

Then at the back it was me on Akshay's lap. Alisha on Karthik's lap, Shaurya and Sameer somehow squeezed in next to each other. And on top of that, Sameer's stupid car was old, so there was no AC. And we all were so jammed in, that we couldn't move one centimeter to open up a single window.

When I got to the carnival, I would ditch all these losers and go and enjoy myself. I groaned again and someone stomped on my foot. 'How far are we???' I whined. Raghav shot me an amused look in the rear view mirror. 'About 500 metres. Shut your little mouth for about 15 minutes more and then you can talk.' he said, smirking. Stupid idiot. The only reason he was so happy and excited was because he got to have AN ENTIRE SEAT ALL TO HIMSELF.

Maybe I did commit a sin in my previous birth.

*****
'Oh thank god. My legs would've turned to jelly if I'd stayed in for a second more.' I said, as I stretched my arms and legs. Shaurya gave me an understanding nod. 'My legs wouldn't be there any more if you'd sat on me for a second more!' Akshay groaned as he got down after me. I swiftly kicked him on the leg. He howled in pain, and gave me a death glare. I poked my tongue out at him and took off running.

I wouldn't spend a single minute more with those losers. I'd hangout by myself and enjoy it as well. I grabbed a carnival route map and glanced at it, trying to figure out where to go first.

1.the house of horrors.
2. The slick flick show.
3. Love is in the air arcade.
4. Big Ferris wheel.
5. Food court

And a long list of other such things. I decided to checkout the slick flick show first. It sounded... Nice.

I set off in that direction, holding the map in front of me, glancing all around. Finally I arrived at a tacky looking shack. There was a low banner that read 'The Slick Flick show' and it had already started to decay, by the looks of it. I let out a sigh. Well, let's give this a try.

I entered the shack, thinking it would be all decayed and blown up inside. But it turned out to be pleasantly beautiful. I gasped slightly as I saw beautiful neon lights light up. Okay. Never judge a book by it's cover.

"Hello!" I jumped nearly 10 cm in the air when someone spoke. I saw a lady smiling at me. I gave her an uneasy smile. "Hi." I said. "What option do you want to go for?" she asked. I gave her a confused look. "First timer?" she asked, smiling kindly. I nodded. "Okay. I suggest you go for the 90's disco option. It's our best option!" She said, a weird sense of happiness in her tone. I nodded, and she led me towards a room, in a corridor full of rooms.