Chapter 43: Wings of jealousy

Part 5: kaano mein ek dil ki baath sunaava ni, tenu hasda dekh ke jagnu mein bhul jaava ni. (Let me whisper a secret in your ears. Seeing you laugh? I forget the world.)

Chapter 43: Wings of Jealous

Akshara 

Sometimes, I feel as if I'm leading a perfect life. I have a nice healthy mind, my family is not that estranged, I have nice friends and my school life (college, whatever.) is okay too. But still, you won't find another person who complains as much as I do. I mean, even a desperate and desolate person with the worst life won't be complaining as much as I do. That is what I hate about myself most of the time. In fact, sometimes I go to the extent of wishing that I had some disease, or some actual real problems and people would pay attention to me for once. 

All my life, I had been brought up in a manner such that people never actually called out my name that often. Mom and Jai would probably use nicknames like honey, dearie and other such things...and my friends usually just pointed to me like I was some dog and then talk to me. (See what I mean when I say I complain a lot?) 

Why I was sharing all this useless information you ask?

CAUSE I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

No offense to Raghav, or his cousin, but this wedding is literally dead. I have attended many weddings before. A wedding is supposed to have that festive spirit, and that happy laughter and that enthusiasm of euphoria. This one? DEAD. I'd been sitting there for almost 45 minutes, in a red-and-gold suit, feeling especially moody since my friends still hadn't showed up. I hadn't seen Raghav yet as well. Where was everyone? I had a sinking feeling that they'd all deserted me and had gone somewhere, probably as revenge because I'd ditched them in the morning. I huffed in boredom, tugging on the tassels of my dupatta , trying to pull them apart. Then at least they'd scatter across the floor, and I'd have the time of my life slowly picking them up. 

I WAS THAT BORED. 

The chair next to me creaked. I looked up from my tassels to see a guy looking at me, with an amused smirk on his face. "Bored?" he inquired, and I nodded, a yawn making it's way out of my mouth. "This wedding has no life at all." I complained, looking around and gesturing with my hands. He laughed, making me a bit suspicious. "Who are you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "I'm Rahul. I'm the groom."  

Oh fuck. 

I opened my mouth to apologize to him, cursing myself for just blindly talking to someone without knowing who they were first. Ugh stupid Akshara! "Hey it's alright. I agree with you. This wedding is boring. Even though, y'know, it's my wedding." he said, shaking his head, a grin on his face. I gulped, not knowing what to say. 

"You can trash-talk this wedding to me. I won't mind." he said, laughing. "It's just you know, weddings are supposed to be fun! You need to have upbeat music playing, people running around, kids screaming and laughing, uncles and aunties trash talking other people and people like me sitting and watching in awe. But..." I trailed off, wondering whether I had offended him. "But, none of those things are happening." he finished for me, sighing and slumping in his seat. "No offense, but why are you um...sitting here with me instead of being up there with your fiancee?" I questioned.