Chapter Two

A/N: Warning: If you don't like swearing, there's a whole lot in this chapter. Also, if you don't like it, why are you even reading this?

Heidi came home to silence. It was only four pm, so it was strange, but she didn't mind. She had to study.  On the way to her room, she saw Evan and Connor cuddling, watching some show on Netflix. 

    "Hi, Mrs. H," Connor looked up.
"Connor, how many times must I ask you to call me Heidi. Also, your mother called, she's extremely worried about you,"  She responded.
 "I'll call her after this episode," He said lazily. Evan snuggled closer to the boy after murmuring a 'hi' to his mother. Dear god, they were cute.

Cynthia would not stop texting her. She was asking questions like 'How did it go?', 'Are you doing it again?' and 'When's the wedding?'.

 Heidi told her a short version of the date, then put her phone on Do Not Disturb and began to read her notes.

Jeremy and Michael were still stuck on level 9. They had been playing since 5 AM without success. Mr. Heere was used to the extreme amount of swearing coming from Jeremy's room.

 "GODDAMNIT FUCK ME GENTLY WITH A CHAINSAW I WILL RIP HIS FUCKING THROAT OUT," Michael screamed. It was 9 AM when they finally took a break.

Wow, Jeremy. I didn't think you'd go back to being the biggest loser of all after me. The SQUIP appeared again. The visuals were glitching because it changed from Benedict Cumberbatch to Keanu Reeves. 
  Shut it! He replied.
Why would you throw being popular away? People actually liked you, you could've been with her!
Because it was fake happiness. Drugs gave me that.

  You overreact. I wasn't that bad!

You made me say that everything about me made me want to die! Your freaking relative made Rich burn down Jake's house!
"Michael, you got Mountain Dew Red?" Jeremy got really fed up with the robot. The Riend whipped it out from the massive pocket of his sweatshirt.
    "It's back?" He asked as he handed it to the Boyf.

"No shit," Jeremy replied and chugged half the bottle.

"Thanks, man," Jeremy said when it was gone. Man, the word hurt Michael.  He had a crush on his Player 2. Scratch that, he was in love with his Player 2. He knew Jeremy was straight, considering Christine. Michael was gayer than a rainbow, and him being a cliché, he was in love with his best friend.

   "You good?" Player 2 asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I just zoned out,"

    "Okay. You wanna get back to playing?"
"Actually, I'm craving some cheap-ass food and slushies right now, can we go so Sev-Elev?"

   "Sure!"

There were two other people in the 7-11, a guy in a trenchcoat and a girl in a blue blazer and a short skirt.

   "VERONICA! DON'T FORGET THE CORN NUTS!" A shriek was heard the moment the Boyf Riends entered the store.
 "I KNOW!" The girl in blue screamed back. She then turned to the other guy, who honestly looked like a 90s hacker.
 "Aren't you gonna pay?" She asked. He looked at the two slushies in his hands.

"Fuck that shit," 90s hacker guy hopped out of the window and left her quiet.

"That was weird," Michael said as he filled his cup.

   "Yeah. Hey, can we drive to the park after this?" They bought the slushies and an ice cream cone each and left.

Tons of kids were playing on the playground. It could be a scene in a cheesy romance movie: the main couple, who aren't together yet, sitting in the park, eating ice cream while the sun shines and there are kids playing on the playground. Goddamn, it was picturesque.

"Hi, darlin'. I like takin' pictures of the world. Mind if I take your picture?" A woman approached them. She had a thick Texas accent and looked to be in her late 20s.
"Sure!" Jeremy responded.
    "Alright, don't look into the camera, Y'all. Red boy, sit in his lap? Look into each other's eyes soulfully, please," She raised her device and snapped a few pictures from different angles and so.
"Thanks, boys. I'm writin' a book and Y'all looked perfectly like the main characters. Mind if I use these pictures for the cover?"

 "You have anything against that?" Michael asked Jeremy.

"Of course not, do you?"

"No. ma'm, you may use the photos,"

  "Thanks, sugar. May I just say, Y'all just make the cutest goddamn couple. My ma wouldn't hate Y'all for bein' gay," she said. Just like that, the woman was gone.

"Do you think we should've told her we're not a couple?" Michael asked. Yet, he thought.
   "Nah, let her dream," Jeremy said coolly.
"Hey, dude?" Player 1 took a deep breath and was shaking.
  "You okay? Are you having a panic attack?"

"No, I'm not having an attack, I just need to tell you something,"
     "Okay, what is it?" Jeremy pulled his friend closer.

"It's easier to show you. But promise you won't hate me after this,"

  "What do you me-mph!" He was cut off my Michael's lips against his. He'd read too many fanfictions where relationships didn't get off to a good start by one of them not kissing back, so he did.

They stayed like that, looking like a The Fault In Our Stars promo poster. A camera shutter was heard, but they couldn't care less about the world.

"It is really true, you're my favourite person," Jeremy said once they parted. Michael laughed lightly.

The sky was in their eyes and their souls.

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter. I didn't edit this, yet, so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes or plot holes. Feel free to DM me if you have questions or if you just want to talk.
-Izzy