[2] clubs

akaashi showed bokuto around the clubs. none really seemed to interest him though. but when akaashi showed bokuto to the different sports programs, that's what made him excited.

it was quite obvious to akaashi that bokuto was a sports person. bokuto was built tall and lean, and had excessive muscles to him. it made akaashi look even more like a twig whenever he stood next to him.

akaashi went around showing bokuto all the sports they offered. he showed him the basketball court, the baseball and soccer field, the track and field area, and the weightlifting/wrestling room. bokuto started in awe at all of them, presumably since fukurodani high had one of the best sports programs in the prefecture.

it wasn't until akaashi showed him the volleyball court that bokuto stopped and wanted to go look inside. akaashi just followed behind him, letting bokuto wonder. bokuto stared at the volleyball players and watched them play in a trance like daze, it wasn't until a minute or so later that he turned around to akaashi.

"i played volleyball back at nekoma," he said with a big smile on his face.

"i can go introduce you to the coach if you want," akaashi suggested.

"yes please!"

akaashi walked him up to the coach. akaashi knew the coach's name due to it being on one of the sports poster on the school bulletin board.

"excuse me mr. yamiji."

the coach looked at him with a curious glance.

"what can i do for you? are you looking to join the team?" yamiji questioned him.

"no sir, but my friend here does. his name is bokuto koutarou, he used to play for nekoma."

akaashi looked behind him to see a somewhat shy looking bokuto. akaashi hasn't seen him look shy before. he didn't think it was possible since bokuto was such an extroverted person. he didn't even act shy when new students came up to him. so why was he so shy now?

the coach looked over akaashi's shoulder. he glanced at bokuto and smiled. he walked over to bokuto, and akaashi moved slightly to the side so he wasn't in the way.

"you must be the infamous ace bokuto," the coach said.

"uhh yes?" bokuto said with a questioning tone. bokuto didn't think anyone knew of him.

"you'll make a great addition to the team bokuto," the coach said with a twinkle in his eye.

maybe he thought that bokuto would be a valuable asset to the team lineup. which made sense to akaashi. with his limited knowledge of volleyball, he knew that the ace was one of the main players on the team. the person who was the "powerhouse" of the team.

the coach called over the managers of the team. it was two small girls, one with red hair and one with light brown hair. akaashi knew the red haired one was yukie as he had some classes with her. but he didn't know the other girl, so he figured she was a first year.

"yes coach?" yukie asked.

"this is bokuto koutarou and he wants to sign up for the team."

"noted," was all yukie said before she walked away scrawling something on her clipboard which akaashi didn't notice before hand. the first year followed behind her, the two talking to each other.

"ok bokuto, the gym locker rooms are over there. just go and get changed and we'll see what you got," the coach said.

"right!" bokuto said, his shyness disappearing and the regular bokuto shining through yet again.

"well then i'll get going. i'll see you tomorrow bokuto-san," akaashi said, feeling suddenly out of place in this foreign environment. he was about to turn around when bokuto put a quick hand on his shoulder to stop him from turning fully.

"can you please stay for practice? pleeeeeease?" bokuto begged, his eyes creating the kicked puppy look.

'shit,' akaashi thought. 'how can someone look so cute.'

"is there a reason why?" akaashi asked curiously.

"because i want to walk home with you! you're my friend now and that's what friends do right?"

akaashi hadn't considered the fact that bokuto and him were practically friends. the thought made his lips curl upward.

"i guess you're right." akaashi paused thinking; on one hand he could go home and get some homework done, on the other hand, it was hard for him to say no to bokuto, especially with the puppy eyes.

"okay, just ask the coach first to see if it's alright," akaashi sighed giving in.

bokuto smiled and practically ran over to the coach to ask him. bokuto then came back to where akaashi was standing and told him it was okay for him to stay. akaashi just nodded and sat on the bench and took out some of his homework to get started on it.

akaashi got all of his stuff out about ready to do his homework when he saw that yukie was walking over to him with a friendly smile on her face.

"hi akaashi," yukie greeted as she sat down on the bench next to akaashi.

"hello yukie-san. do you need anything?"

"nothing in particular, i was just bored and wanted to see what you were up to."

"i'm just working on mrs. nakamoto's homework."

"ugh i fogrot all about that yukie groaned. why does she have to assign so much work? it's only the fifth day!"
yukie groaned.

tje two contiuned talking and compkaining about random classes and teachers they had. yukie had proved herself to be fun company and akaashi was enjoying the conversation.

it was a solid 20 minute conversation, and then yukie had to go and help the coach with something. she said something about assigning positions but he wasn't sure.

akaashi hadn't been paying attention to the practice that was taking place, but his breath was taken away as soon as he looked up. bokuto looked like he was flying through the air, before he hit the ball down with incredible force and speed. akaashi never took volleyball as something that could be eye-catching, but bokuto certainly caught his eyes.

akaashi sat there on the bench staring in awe at the sight. the ball was set up again and bokuto spiking it was a mesmerizing scene.

when bokuto came down he wiped his forehead of any excess sweat and caught akaashi's awed stare and smiled.

there goes akaasi's heart.