I Know (Stan X Reader)

It was happening again. They were fighting. I was up in my room, listening helplessly, crying, and texting Stanley Marsh. The only person I could talk to. My football playing boyfriend.

     In addition to me feeling like crap because of the fighting, I felt even worse. Stan had missed his football practice today so that he could keep texting and comforting me. It was because of me he missed practice.

Baby Boy💙: It'll be alright.. Just keep texting me and block them out with music.
Me: I'm trying, Stan!! It isn't working! It's too loud!
Baby Boy💙: Video call me then. We can talk.
Me: No! I don't want you to hear them...
Baby Boy💙: (Y/N) please.. I want to make you feel better.
Me: I'm sorry, Stan.. I really just don't want you to hear.

     Even through the words on the screen, I could tell he was getting frustrated. I didn't want him to hear what they were yelling about.

      I kept my eyes on my phone. He hadn't replied yet. He saw the message. He probably got tired of my constant crying to him. He had his own problems to worry about. Besides, he was probably angry with me since I made him miss practice.

     I dropped my phone on the bed and hugged my knees, hiding my face in them. My crying turned to sobbing. I sat in my room, with a closed door, listening to the muffled yelling.

     "MAYBE IF YOU FUCKING HELPED ONCE AND A WHILE I WOULDN'T BE CONSTANTLY PISSED!" I heard one yell.

     "OH FUCK YOU! I DO HELP! I DO WAY FUCKING MORE THAN YOU AROUND THE HOUSE!" The other yelled.

     It was back and forth. Cursing and accusations. A couple crashes echoed through the house. I flinched every now and then, letting out more and more cries and sobs. My chest hurt. My head hurt. Everything hurt.

     A sudden knock on the window startled me. I looked towards the window, seeing a raven haired boy, balancing on the window sill. I got off my bed, quickly running to the window and lifting it open.

     The boy climbed in through my window. He wore a white hoodie, instead of his normal brown jacket. I had bought him that hoodie a couple days ago. He had no hat on as well. He then closed it so no cold outside air got in. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. He pressed his lips against my forehead.

     "Sorry I left you on read," Stan said, softly.

     I looked at him, tears still pouring out of my eyes. I hugged back, tightly.

     "Wh-why did you come?" I interrogated.

     "Do you really think I'd let the most (beautiful/handsome) person alive suffer alone like this?" he replied.

     That one phrase made me feel warm inside. It made me feel the smallest bit better. At least someone cared about me.

     Another shout was heard from downstairs. A small whimper escaped my lips. My hold on Stan tightened. Stan took me over to my bed, sitting us down on it. He kissed my head and told me to lay down. I did as he said. He then laid beside me, putting his arm around my waist. I curled up close to his chest. His hand moved up and down my back in a comforting manner.

     I buried my face into his chest. I listened to his heartbeat. It was quite fast. He must have ran all the way here.

     Another crash came from downstairs, causing me to tense up and start sobbing again. The yelling was loud and intense. I hated hearing my family members fight. It happened rather often now too. This was their third fight this month.

     I felt a blanket cover my body. I glanced up and saw Stan, carefully, placing a blanket on me, while still holding me close.

     "S-stan?" I stuttered out.

     He looked down at me and let out a questioning hum.

     I sniffled softly. "M-my everything hurts."

     A sigh left his lips. He kissed me on the forehead. "I know, sweetie," he said softly and comfortingly. Stanley had been through something similar. He understood me. He knew.

     I heard the front door slam shut, causing me to flinch and tighten my grip on Stanley. The yelling had died down. It was silent, expect for my spft sniffles, whimpers, and the raven haired boy's calm and soothing heartbeat.

     Even though I was up in my room, I still knew. I knew that there was only one other person in this house, not including me or Stan. One had left, just like the last time. One was gone. It was never sure if they would return or not, and that's what always broke me. I loved my family. I hated the fighting. It was painful to hear. It was painful to live through.

     I began to cry once more. My sobs filled the room. I buried my face into Stan's chest, staining his new white hoodie with my tears. He didn't seem to care though. Out of the hoodie pocket, he pulled out his red and blue hat. He carefully pulled it onto me, before hugging me back.

     The feeling of his hat covering my head made me calm down in the slightest. It was warm and soft. My gaze moved up to Stanley's face. He gave me a warm smile.

     I quickly pressed my lips onto his, holding onto his hoodie. He pressed back against mine. One of his course hands cupped my tear stained cheek. He wiped away the wet, bitter tears. Our kiss remained sweet, gentle on the teen boy's side. His lips and breath tasted of a hint of alcohol.

    He had been trying to stop his alcoholic habit for me. He's been doing well. Last time I kissed him, the taste was much stronger. I could have probably gotten drunk off that kiss. Then again though, I can get drunk off any of his kisses.

     His lips left mine slowly. A smile was plastered onto my lips. No words could express how happy I was to have him around.

     "There's that (gorgeous/handsome) smile that I love," he said with a smile.

     That brought a giggle to my lips. If only everyone was as sweet and adorable as him.

     "Stanny? Can you spend the night with me?" I questioned.

     "Of course I will, babe," he said in reply, "It would be best like that too. Before I left, my parents were having their own fight."

     I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry to hear that, Stan," I quickly pecked his lips, "but at least we get more time together."

     Stan nodded. He kissed my forehead in return. "And I get to protect you."

     I curled up against him, my smile never disappearing.

Thank you for protecting me, Stan. I love you.

~~~

Next Comfort Fanfic: Cartman