chapter two

harry's wintry viridescent eyes continuously flickered back and forth on the road and on judith, the enthralling girl beside him, who's face was stuck out the window.

the wind danced between judith's chubby fingers and she smiled at the feeling. her already messy hair was waving around in the air, flapping and moving in ways harry didn't know were possible.

she knew her hair was most likely going to become an even bigger hassle to deal with, but at the time she didn't care.

everything before her was moving so fast, but it was such a pretty blur to the eyes and she loved it so much. the scenery in front of her looked as if someone slid vibrant watercolours across a canvass and goodness, judith couldn't get enough of it.

when harry slowed down to a halt at a red light, judith's wild eyes focused and landed on the park across the street.

her lips were pulled upwards at the finding before she turned around to face harry.

"um harry i know you wanted to hang out at your place, b-but look, theres a park right over there an-and it looks so fun-"

harry laughed and leaned back into his black leather seat, his ring clad fingers running through his fluffy hair as judith watched with intense eyes.

that weird feeling was back at the pit of her stomach but again, she dismissed it.

"do you want to go, love?" he asked, his rough voice floating into her ears, the sound somehow swirling around her heart and coming out to kiss her cheeks into a blooming vermilion.

she felt the burning blush of her cheeks and tried her best to ignore it as she responded.

"i do."

"then we'll go."

she perked up and lurched forward to hug harry, catching him off guard in the process.

he wrapped his arms around her and chuckled but he gently scooted her off, seeing as the light had turned green and he didn't want to get into an accident.

they drove in comfortable silence, this time, with judith fully inside the vehicle, not partially flailing out the window.

her big bambi eyes watched the world in front of her pass by within seconds only to be replaced with a new sight, and it made a warm exciting feeling grow in her chest.

a couple more turns later, and they were there, with harry leaning against his car, watching judith run like a child, her arms bent and moving forwards and backwards with purpose as her little legs moved faster than they ever have towards a swing.

harry watched as she released a noise of content happiness as soon as her bottom made contact with the curved plastic.

a smile that he didn't even know was there started to grow as he folded his arms, his red sheathed biceps bulging with little work as his lower back pressed against the car door, his eyes on judith as she scooted her feet backwards and lurched herself forwards, resulting in her legs flailing all around, allowing harry to catch a small glimpse of her underwear.

he bit his lip as a smile took over his features.

it was a baby blue day of the week underwear.

he laughed and shook his head as he pushed himself off of his car and made his way to the messy haired girl.

he sat on a swing beside her and swung side to side lazily. judith looked over at him and grinned. "hi."

"hi, pet." he replied, prompting judith's cheeks to blossom a cherry hue. "want me to push you?" harry suggested, and the offer seemed more exciting to judith than it should've but she didn't mind her enthusiasm (and neither did harry) at all as she nodded.

harry lifted himself up and off of the swing, making his way behind judith.

his hands went to her back, and judith felt her wings twitch. she stifled a choked noise as she squeezed her fingers, praying and pleading they didn't poof out and push harry all the way across the road.

harry saw that the small girl below him went stiff, the sight successfully etching a frown onto his lips.

"alright there love?"

"m-mmhm, m'good." judith answered through a nervous laugh.

harry nodded and pushed her up into the air with a simple and gentle thrust of his hands, and God, did his hands feel so warm and soothing on judith's clothed back.

divine giggles left judith's honeyed lips as her legs waved open, making harry silently groan; he really wished he was in front of judith at that moment, with her legs opened and allowing him to catch another look at those cute day of the week underwear that were for sure going to stay in his mind forever.

harry had been content pushing judith for awhile but when he noticed her arms were pinched with goosebumps, it triggered a wave of protectiveness in him, causing him to step away for a second to take off his jacket.

judith frowned when she was no longer being pushed. "oh sorry were your arms gettin' tired harry? i'll push you on the swing if you want," the frizzy haired girl suggested, her chest filling up with guilt as she realized she was being quite selfish. she turned around and her lips opened in a small 'o' shape as she tilted her head. "why're takin' off your jacket?"

"s'cold darling, and you're wearing a dress and you've got goosebumps on your arms." harry murmured softly as he draped his red suit jacket over judith's small shoulders.

warmth encompassed judith's body and her plump lips were tugged upwards as her heart turned into a balloon and swelled with gratitude.

"thank you." judith beamed, her smile all teeth with endearing crinkles creasing the corners of her eyes.

harry swatted the air with his hand as he smiled,"don't mention it."

"but, won't you be cold?" she questioned, genuine concern evident in her voice, and it shocked harry.

no one's really cared for harry, even for something as small as having a jacket on in cold weather.

"yeah, i'll be fine, love don't worry." he breathed, his eyes scanning over her as she gave him a warm smile.