chapter four: "know you"

ALL OF OUR ANGLES: CHAPTER FOUR

/ "KNOW YOU"

Regine tapped her pen on her notebook as she waited for the last ten minutes of class to go by. She wasn't eager to leave class at all, she was just nervous to meet up with Meech. After the two had a long conversation in a private corner at the kickback three days ago, they spent hours chatting it up in the front seat of his BMW as they went crazy on some Popeyes.

After he made sure she got back to her place safely he got her number and for the past two days they'd been talking non-stop. Today after class he wanted to take her out and to say that Regine was nervous about it was an understatement.

Regine hadn't placed herself back on the market in a long time. After her last relationship went wrong, Regine decided to focus on herself, especially since she knew she would soon be going forward to college. It was about to be her first year and she felt that she really had no time to be focused on anyone other than herself. This was almost like new for her, she felt like this was another high school crush seeing as how nervous she was to be alone with him. Meech hadn't given her anything to worry about so far; He seemed as though his mind was in the right place and his priorities were in order.

Glancing behind her, she tried to sneak a glance at him only to find him already looking at her. Embarrassed by being caught, Regine offered up a small smile only to be met back with a smirk. He winked at her before mouthing "Pay attention" making her playfully roll her eyes and shake her head.

How the hell am I gonna get through a whole date with him?

On the other hand, Meech was excited to take Regine out. There weren't too many females that caught his eye these days and Regine had definitely succeeded in stealing his attention. It took him a while to truly develop feelings for someone but it was no doubt to him that he was willing to keep dealing with Regine and eventually proceed to a romantic level.

Meech didn't like to jump directly into the romance portion when he was looking at a female. To him, he'd rather develop a strong friendship beforehand, and luckily for him, Regine agreed. There was no sense in trying to hurry and be someone's lover without getting to know them first. That bond was better than the title. Regine seemed like she was a cool lil yeah to kick it with and he was more than willing to find out.

Not only was she fine, but she looked like she had her shit together. He'd find out though.

"Alright kiddos, enjoy the rest of your weeks, be back for class on Tuesday on time or I will lock y'all asses out." Their professor said with a smile as she dismissed them.

"This crazy lady a trip." Meech heard someone mumble. Lightly chuckling, Meech shook his head then made his way towards Regine. He smiled as he watched her pack up all of her belongings. During class, he'd caught her staring at him frequently out of the corner of his eye and by the way she was fidgeting right now he figured she might have been a bit nervous.

"Wassup pretty?" He whispered as he creeped up on the side of her.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me," Regine chuckled as she jumped at his voice. "Don't do that boy."

"What I told you about dat boy word? I'm a man baby."

Playfully rolling her eyes, Regine gave him another slight laugh and shook her head. "Are you ready to have my attention now?"

"Actually yeah, I am. I ain't been in front of a pretty lady in a minute."

"Boy please," Regine waved him off as she stood up, grabbing her things. The two began to walk together towards the door, Meechie in the lead since he knew their destination. "All these pretty chicks I been seeing I'm sure you be seeing them too."