Chapter Eighteen: Lunch

[A/N: this is a fanfiction, please pardon this chapter's foolishness in advance...heheh...this chapter might be a little rough, but it's all for the purpose of keeping the story the pace it needs to go. So just bear with me. :3

((hey if Matsuda can "accidentally" fall of a balcony for plot purposes then basically anything goes the way I see it lmao))

Enjoy! ~Stephoxo]   

Light's POV:

Light had Misa come back over the following day. He made sure that no one else would be home while she was there, that way the two of them wouldn't have to deal with his little sister trying to interfere with things again. Light couldn't have Sayu telling Keiko that he had another girl over two days in a row. He didn't need Keiko thinking that he was going to cheat on her, that would only cause trouble with both the Kira investigation and his personal life.

However, he needed Misa to come over again today so that they could discuss how the two of them were going to "accidentally" meet each other in front of his girlfriend. That way, Keiko and the rest of the Task Force couldn't be too suspicious of them.

It would be even better if Keiko and Misa could somehow become friends, but with Misa's personality, it looked like that would take a miracle. However, Light was hoping he could figure things out. After all, while Misa was dumb, she also appeared to eagerly want to do Kira's bidding, and Keiko was the kind of person who trusted people as long as they appeared to have good intentions. He figured that even if Misa messed things up the first time around, Keiko would give her a second chance.

"Ooh, Light-kun, having me over here again so soon...it appears that you just can't get enough of me, can you?" Misa giggled as she stepped into his room. She sprawled out on his bed, staring at him intently as he took a seat in the chair beside his desk. He saw Rem hoovering close behind her.

Geez...look at her, she's certainly making herself at home...I can just tell right now that she's going to be a nuisance...and she's nothing like my girlfriend, Keiko wouldn't have hogged the bed like that...

"Please, don't get any ideas about the two of us, Amane-san-" he started to say, pushing his thought about Keiko aside, but Misa interrupted Light before he could finish his sentence.

"Please, call me Misa-chan, heheh," she gave him a flirtatious smile, "it's much cuter than Amane-san, don't you think? Amane-san sounds so serious, so boring. Misa-chan, however, is cute and it's flirty..."

Ugh, is there any possible way she could stop being so annoying?

Light fought the urge to roll his eyes. Calling her Misa-chan was honestly the last thing he wanted to do, but he needed her on his side, he needed her to cooperate with him and his demands. The way he looked at it, he had no other choice but to reluctantly comply with her request.

"Fine...Misa-chan...but keep in mind that we're here to discuss business, so please don't go getting any particularly weird ideas," Light responded, giving her a look, "now...we need to come up with a way for you to run into my girlfriend and I while we are out in public together...it also needs to look natural, it can't be too staged, otherwise it would look suspicious..."

"Alright, alright, I guess I can try to be serious for you..." Misa sighed, and she rested her head on her hand, "...although I don't like talking about your girlfriend...so we'd better make this discussion quick...Light-kun, do you have any ideas in mind yet?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do," he started, "hmm...wait, actually, before we start talking about that, there's something else we should cover first. Now, I was thinking-"