Chapter Forty-five: Frenzy

Keiko's POV:

"Ryuzaki-san," Light started, glancing over at the raven haired detective. "I must say, I never knew that you could pilot a helicopter. That's incredible."

At this, Keiko cracked a small smile as she glanced over at L. Even though he's a bit of a jerk at times, he is rather impressive...I wonder what else he's capable of doing...there's a lot about him that I don't know...

"Wait a second," Light muttered. "Higuchi isn't heading towards Sakura T.V....he's going the other direction."

Keiko glanced at the map sitting out in front of them, "hmm...could he be heading towards Yotsuba's main office?"

L nodded. "Yes. I'd say that's likely where he's headed." He pressed a button on the computer, "Wedy...everything related to Matsuda at Yotsuba's main office has been destroyed, right?"

"Yes. Why? Is he headed there now?"

"Yes."

"How convenient. That should give me enough time to go ahead and meet up with Yagami-san to set up the ambush."

"Perfect."

With that, L hung up. According to Higuchi's tracker, he was currently heading towards the inside of the Yotsuba building.

"How much longer until the announcement?" L questioned.

"About fifteen or so minutes," Light responded, checking the channel.

"Yes. That should be enough time," the detective murmured. "It looks like Higuchi's realized that there's no longer any files or tapes on Matsuda in the Yotsuba building...which means...now he should be headed towards the Sakura T.V. station...Light-kun, can you call your father?"

"Already on it." Light replied, dialing the number.

Keiko studied him as he talked to his father. His gaze was fixed on Higuchi's car down below, and Keiko could hear the determination in his voice. It was clear that he wanted to catch Kira just as much as she did.

If he was Kira, then he really doesn't have any recollection of it...and, when we catch Higuchi, will he go back to being Kira immediately? Or does Higuchi have to give up his powers or something? If we can somehow still figure out how Kira kills, then perhaps it'll become more clear how Kira's power is passed along among individuals...it looks like I'll have to keep a watchful eye on Light when we capture Higuchi...

Down below Higuchi's car slowed to a stop in front of the Sakura T.V. building. He rushed out of the car, running towards the entrance, a briefcase in his arms. About thirty seconds later, Mogi and Aiber also arrived.

"We're here at Sakura T.V. and we're moving into position!"

"Yes, good. Go on."

"Now we wait," Light muttered.

It's only been a couple minutes since Higuchi went inside the building, but it feels like an eternity! If he has the same powers as the Second Kira, and can kill with only a face then it could be dangerous! I know everyone's wearing a helmet, just in case, but if something were to happen and someone's helmet came off...

"Please, try and remain calm, Kagami-san," L's voice broke through her thoughts and she glanced over at the detective. His eyes met eyes, and he continued on, "the best thing you can do right now is try and keep a clear mind. If something happens, I'm sure we'll be equipped to handle it."

Try and stay calm...right. Keiko nodded. Easier said than done. Especially because, even if things go as planned and we capture Higuchi...there's still a chance that Light could end up becoming Kira again.