Calum hood

"You could be a potential murderer" Calum laughed.

"Yet you left me take you home" you winked at him and poured more wine for both of you.

"That's because I thought you were goddamn cute" he said....

"Are you a believer in love at first sight?"

"I'm not a believer in love at all, honestly" he shrugged. "No offense, you're the most irresistible person I've come across, but love doesn't exist. At least to me. There's no pint in getting your hopes up."

"Love exists, Calum Hood. It does. And all it takes is a night" you scooted closer to him.

"Love doesn't exist. But beautiful mistakes do" he kissed you for the second time in the less than twenty four hours you'd known each other. "Don't come looking for me tomorrow, (y/n). I'm not worth the fight. Let's leave this little infinity untainted."

A few hours passed. You kissed, drank and talked about everything. It was right what you said. It only took one night to fall in love.

---

"There has to be something- someone who knows him, a former roommate, a high school friend" you told yourself. You'd offered to drive him the next morning, but he had refused. He'd given you a vague idea of where he lived in this small town, and you'd been knocking on doors for the whole afternoon. But no one knew him.

At last, a woman told you he had moved out of the apartment next door. You sighed, and saw it as a sign to give up. Maybe he just wasn't that into you.

---

Calum closed his eyes, wishing the rattling of the truck would just stop. All it did was make him more nervous. He clutched his weapon and focused on that image he had of you laughing, the feeling of your lips on his, the cadence of your speech... But all it did was make his heart hurt. You were right: love was real, and one only needed a night. But the love of his life lasted just that time. He couldn't afford to tell you how he really felt, because he'd leave the next morning to join the army.

"I love you, (y/n)" Calum walked out of the truck to the battlefield,with the certain feeling he'd be dead at the end of the day.