Fake, Faker, Fakest (JR:rose)

Rating:  Teen 

Warnings: mild language, abuse,  a little violence, kidnapping

status: no beta (will be later on), completed, but open ended

-

PART I: Pleasing Grace

-

-

Acid burned down her throat.

        Teeth bared, Olla ignored the wave of nausea that followed, in favor of examining her teeth's transition from dirty white to a mixture of moss and neon green. 

       According to her "dealer", the shade was the newest rage within the Mothbrights, but honestly, it more resembled puke, clashing poorly with her dark skin instead of giving it that Fae glow.

        Easily she snapped a picture, careful to leave out most of her face, sending it to Grace. Within seconds three dots appeared, [Be-Graced: Oh hon, no.]

          Rolling her eyes, she muttered, "Hn, words of wisdom as always," [Oll-In: whoops?] quickly muting the phone, before Grace began to vocalize her outrage. Teeth now long forgotten, Olla threaded through her sparse curls, musing if she could get away with shaving it clean again.

It isn't like the attention would be on her anyway, it was Grace's engagement party. 

Or...pre-pre-engagement party? 

Olla isn't quite sure if Grace ever got around to telling her future husband that they were engaged.

It wasn't anything new.

      Idly, she grabbed the fairy dustbin, the words "HUMAN USE ONLY" distinct even with blurry vision, and the cheap plastic cool in her hands, as she powdered it on.

      Her nose crinkled, the grain like silver settling into a faint mist on and around her. With a few more key touches around her eyes and cheeks, and her green contacts, she looked enough like a low level-Fae, the bouncers shouldn't give her a second glance.

Semi-satisfied, she took another picture, un-muting the phone, but ignoring the previous stream of texts from Grace, instead, she sent, [Oll- In: better?]

The dots appeared instantly, [Be-Graced: Ugh, better...]

Olla's eyebrows flew up, almost smiling.

Then a text quickly followed [Be-Graced: Still gross.]

[Oll-In: you're just picky] and Grace really was, allegedly having her wedding planned out perfectly since she'd been able to talk.

Surprisingly enough, Olla didn't feel annoyed.

      Actually, it's been a long time since she could even be mildly irritated towards her friend, it was a big day after-all and it was kinda jarring thinking about it. Seconds ago they were kids, with big boots and egos to match, tromping around the local swamp, the air thick, hot and alive with magic. It filled her up with some indescribable satisfaction at the thought of how much they must've grown.